OVH Community, your new community space.

SIP protocol issue

DigitalDaz
08-07-2014, 17:38
Surely this is a defect in the DDOS system. SIP is a legitimate protocol. If the DDOS is blocking SIP then IMHO it has failed.

You could try using TCP instead of UDP but you really shouldn't be having to work around OVH deficiencies.

alex
08-07-2014, 11:08
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Can the DDOS protection be disabled? If not does this mean SIP does not work on SYS servers?
The DDOS protection impossible to disable, as it's in strange auto mode. The SIP is working inside (you can call locally, to local users) but the redirect DID from 3rd party to SYS server somehow filtered and disabled.

I have the following way to setup:
- using NAT
- completely disabled firewall on server
- without redirection of DID, simply user server as client to log in to 3rd party and register (to pickup phone calls)

On OVH server, simply migrated original setting without modification of any rules or firewall rules or DDOS setting (the IP is on permanent protection) working without any issues.

DigitalDaz
08-07-2014, 10:57
Quote Originally Posted by alex
I have transferred the IP address over without any customization (with exactly the same Asterisk setting) and without any DDOS rules or modification - works perfectly on OVH server compare to SYS server. Any reason why it's different?
Can the DDOS protection be disabled? If not does this mean SIP does not work on SYS servers?

alex
07-07-2014, 11:41
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

It is not possible to change the rules on the DDOS Protection on SYS Servers, only OVH Servers have this feature.
I have transferred the IP address over without any customization (with exactly the same Asterisk setting) and without any DDOS rules or modification - works perfectly on OVH server compare to SYS server. Any reason why it's different?

Neil
07-07-2014, 09:46
Quote Originally Posted by alex
Need to adjust the rules DDOS protection on SYS, as I had the issue with incoming SIP to my asterisk server, moved to OVH with the same settings, working without any issues. I think the issue with DDOS protection on SYS services.
Hi

It is not possible to change the rules on the DDOS Protection on SYS Servers, only OVH Servers have this feature.

alex
05-07-2014, 09:53
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

What rule are you trying to do? If you are trying to white list an IP, then make sure the firewall is enabled, add a new rule, choose authorise and IPV4 Address and put in the IP Address.
Need to adjust the rules DDOS protection on SYS, as I had the issue with incoming SIP to my asterisk server, moved to OVH with the same settings, working without any issues. I think the issue with DDOS protection on SYS services.

Neil
04-07-2014, 10:02
Hi

What rule are you trying to do? If you are trying to white list an IP, then make sure the firewall is enabled, add a new rule, choose authorise and IPV4 Address and put in the IP Address.

alex
03-07-2014, 21:19
Hi all,

How I can remove restriction and add rule to DDOS protection firewall on specific IP address? as it's no control over and I do have issue with SIP forward from my DID supplier to SIP server.