OVH Community, your new community space.

About vps purchasing

Criot
08-08-2014, 21:30
Quote Originally Posted by zemon
I have seen French posts a few times.

I'm an existing customer with 15 servers since 2008, do I still need to wait for a manual activation?

I also paid with loyalty points.
You shouldn't have to but if you do then you can ask them to set it so you don't require manual activation (as you already have existing services which are used for legitimate purposes).

zemon
08-08-2014, 21:27
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
This forum is strictly in English only. One last warning and you're definitely banned!
I have seen French posts a few times.

I'm an existing customer with 15 servers since 2008, do I still need to wait for a manual activation?

I also paid with loyalty points.

S0phie
06-08-2014, 14:39
Quote Originally Posted by vehdet
salam nurah. sen vps ala bildinmi? bu ovh bu kadar kotu oldugunu bilmirdim. bu sitede support yokmus.
This forum is strictly in English only. One last warning and you're definitely banned!

vehdet
05-08-2014, 17:28
salam nurah. sen vps ala bildinmi? bu ovh bu kadar kotu oldugunu bilmirdim. bu sitede support yokmus.

nurah
02-08-2014, 21:00
You can make your payment can not vps. Days, even months can correspond. When loss time OVH

pob
25-07-2014, 16:08
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
A PayPal account can just as easily be hacked, you'll probably find over the next few years that a high majority of companies will take this approach for all new orders, and that's down to the sadacts who decide that they want to make a payment and then get their money back once their done, or those who go around committing fraud. There's not much you can do about it, at the end of the day if you want a service you're going to have to prove to them you are who you say you are, or go elsewhere.

Don't forget though, other companies all utilize fraud systems as well and most have the ability to report you for suspicious activity, and most will follow that up if you don't provide them with valid documents.
yes i understand its just a bit much for a small VPS and if I was a fraudster im pretty sure i would already have a fake passport for just such an occasion along with fake bank account etc etc and even the layman can use phtoshop and can put any name or address on any bill and no one would ever know so sending pictures to prove address is just as silly as taking the customers word for it
Anyway I can get an OVH VPS without using OVH , but if this is there policy to everyone then fine and good luck with it.
I just wish they would ask for it BEFORE payment not 24 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Your payment has been returned as requested.
Thanks

Neil
25-07-2014, 11:42
Quote Originally Posted by pob
happy to take payment though they should do all this before taking money and to add salt to the wound I had VPS same name same account same address last year , I just require a refund ASAP

Also my paypal is verified to my address so I really dont see the problem as if your gonna send you passport to them for a 2Gb VPS
Your payment has been returned as requested.

Criot
25-07-2014, 10:18
happy to take payment though they should do all this before taking money and to add salt to the wound I had VPS same name same account same address last year , I just require a refund ASAP

Also my paypal is verified to my address so I really dont see the problem as if your gonna send you passport to them for a 2Gb VPS
A PayPal account can just as easily be hacked, you'll probably find over the next few years that a high majority of companies will take this approach for all new orders, and that's down to the sadacts who decide that they want to make a payment and then get their money back once their done, or those who go around committing fraud. There's not much you can do about it, at the end of the day if you want a service you're going to have to prove to them you are who you say you are, or go elsewhere.

Don't forget though, other companies all utilize fraud systems as well and most have the ability to report you for suspicious activity, and most will follow that up if you don't provide them with valid documents.

pob
25-07-2014, 07:49
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
OVH UK staff only work up to 6PM so you have to wait. Yes, pretty much everyone has to go through the verification process, I don't believe the payment method has any affect on it. The amount of online fraud is increasing, it's not at all surprising that companies like OVH need to ensure they prevent fraud.

Criot
24-07-2014, 23:46
OVH UK staff only work up to 6PM so you have to wait. Yes, pretty much everyone has to go through the verification process, I don't believe the payment method has any affect on it. The amount of online fraud is increasing, it's not at all surprising that companies like OVH need to ensure they prevent fraud.

pob
24-07-2014, 22:05
look please refund my payment I have no time for all this messing around , thanks

pob
24-07-2014, 19:50
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Do you have the order number?
order number 29563182

I ordered this yesterday night so it would be ready for now but I get an email asking me for proof of residence OMFG I paid by paypal but I could have paid by card if this wouldnt have happened I have no way to send you anything FAX or CAMERA so what do you want me to do ?
My paypal is verified at my address
I dont really understand this to be honest I had a VPS last yesr with no problems but then i paid by card

WHAT IS THE FASTEST WAY TO SORT THIS AS MY SERVER IS CURRENTLY OFFLINE ????
Cancel order and pay by card ?
Does everyone have to do this to get a VPS ?
as i say if its easier I will pay by credit card which is from my address

This is already over 24 hours waiting --_--

Why do you accept paypal if you cant deal with it ? you had payment yesterday and today you ask for proof of address , which im sure i can provide but as im working all day and only just got home have not the strength or the motivation

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE HERE GUYS IM IN WORK ALL DAY TOMORROW ALSO SO PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS AND SHOW ME THE QUICKEST WAY , thanks

I have sent a mini bank statement which has my address on it thanks (PLEASE HURRY WITH MY ORDER)

Neil
24-07-2014, 12:06
I ordered 1 today and paid by paypal, how long is the wait on average for this to become live ? thanks .
Hi

Do you have the order number?

pob
24-07-2014, 07:16
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

The order has been cancelled and refunded.

Danny
I ordered 1 today and paid by paypal, how long is the wait on average for this to become live ? thanks .

Dani
10-07-2014, 14:52
Quote Originally Posted by nurah
you do not want to wait.
cancel everything. Please refund my payment........ i send ticket ovh team .
Hi

The order has been cancelled and refunded.

Danny

Alex.h
10-07-2014, 13:22
Thanks OVH team, finally they activated my server!)

nurah
08-07-2014, 22:13
you do not want to wait.
cancel everything. Please refund my payment........ i send ticket ovh team .

nurah
08-07-2014, 19:37
3 day out. But ovh team no one action :@

Alex.h
08-07-2014, 17:18
I totally disappointed in OVH...no answer in ticket system/no answer here...great, go like this guys and you lose all you clients!

nurah
08-07-2014, 16:53
Are someone our problems solve?

Alex.h
08-07-2014, 15:55
I hope OVH team just make sens for this theme and give us VPS!!!

P.S. For OVH team, my order - [ORDER 29138820]

nurah
08-07-2014, 15:25
I am a Turk. I live in Turkey. I sent my credentials. I sent an ttnet fatua. Pay online.
jane me still wants the bill. : @ I will send myself janee soon as the bill goes like this: @

3 days in a stable way they are going. A complete disgrace

Alex.h
08-07-2014, 14:44
The same story. Payed for VPS at last week and steel my server isnt activated. The support team answer me 1 time a week!!! Dear OVH Team please start working and activate our servers. Waiting for 3 days and getting refund by paypal

nurah
07-07-2014, 15:56
2 days was still to be given. I'm thinking of returning now: @

nurah
07-07-2014, 14:28
ye you are sendding mail me but you give passport and license driver etc.
i sedding id card and ttnet ( İnternet) bill . sendding . i waiting .

TomOVH
07-07-2014, 11:51
Hello nurah,

I've sent you an email regarding this order.

Criot
07-07-2014, 02:52
Quote Originally Posted by nurah
so i wait to monday :s
That's correct, will probably be monday when it's delivered.

nurah
07-07-2014, 01:13
so i wait to monday :s

Criot
06-07-2014, 23:13
VPS requires manual activation, UK teams only work Monday to Friday so they will only be activated within these days and their working hours as well.

nurah
06-07-2014, 22:32
hi i want to buy a vps i am paying to Money but my vps not active pls help me.

Nic Handle: HU2833-OVH