OVH Community, your new community space.

Defect on server

Maki187
01-08-2014, 02:25
Ok, this is realy not ok, I still didn't get any answer from support to my tickets..!!

Maki187
22-07-2014, 23:57
I understand that, I do not use them, thank you.
I'm just still waiting to support answer on email, as I alredy sent them log files.

Criot
21-07-2014, 17:39
Don't use OVH Kernel, use the OS stock kernel and keep it up to date. Also had issues in the past with OVH Kernels on SYS, had no problems since using the distributions kernel.

Maki187
21-07-2014, 16:27
Ok, and I still didn't get any response from support

Maki187
10-07-2014, 00:49
If I remember, my server admin repalced kernel in 2013, as OVH kernel didn't allow some basic things requed for me.
Thank you for your suggestion, I can load then OVH kernel via netboot ?

elcct
09-07-2014, 15:45
Quote Originally Posted by Maki187
I know I have phone and email support, problem is that on email I get answer on problem evry 2 weeks (I alredy sent files from testing in rescue mode via email).
I use phone support, but u know, bill is now preaty high using it.
btw, yes, server come back online, after I restart it

And is it possible to I move my IP's from SYS to OVH ?
Check if you have OVH kernels installed, all my servers were experiencing faults that almost completely stopped after replacing kernels with distribution's stock ones.

Maki187
09-07-2014, 10:28
I know I have phone and email support, problem is that on email I get answer on problem evry 2 weeks (I alredy sent files from testing in rescue mode via email).
I use phone support, but u know, bill is now preaty high using it.
btw, yes, server come back online, after I restart it

And is it possible to I move my IP's from SYS to OVH ?

marks
09-07-2014, 10:14
The support for SYS servers is slightly slower than for OVH servers, as they are not enterprise-level servers, though it's much better than for Kimsufi servers, you still have telephone and email support, that Kimsufi don't have.

When it comes to troubleshoot your issue: the only thing I can tell you is that you need to do all the tests and investigations on your side before you report it. For what you say, our monitoring system has detected the server down from time to time, but it seems to be coming back online, so our engineers cannot see any permanent hardware failure. I would recommend to run the rescue mode tests, and investigate to point where the problem is. If you cannot find anything, at least keep the logs of the different reboots it has done, so we have something to show to our engineers.

Maki187
09-07-2014, 00:33
Even if I know what is problem, they should be here, not that I need to wait them for months to fix somthing.
Also, how the hell I can know why is server going to read only mode ?
probably because HDD is bad, as I know, OVH is popular with bad HDD's, as I personaly don't know a lot peopel who didn't have problem with it.

heise
08-07-2014, 16:58
I understand Diagnostic customer - Hardware replacement SoYouStart. Make clear diagnostic on your problem and they'll fix it.

Maki187
08-07-2014, 12:29
Hi,

I need to write here, as I hope sombady from support will see this, and finaly solve it..

Evry day, or evry two days, in last month or two I have some defect on server.
First, server goes to read only mode, for a few weeks (almsot a month!), then since 1.7.2014 evry day I receive message from SYS that it has been detected a defect on a server, and It just go offline and I need to restart it.. and support ?? support is just so slow on answering and solving issue, last time I received answer on HDD Problem was on 1.7.2014, and answer before that was on 20.6.2014. And how long I will need to wait to support solve this issue ??
For last 2 months, I lost more money than I earned on that server....I just can't spent any more money on calling support (international calls, because online support is slow...), as bill is quite high, I more pay for my phone calling support then I pay for a server

I just can't belive how big is difference betwen OVH and SYS. I have servers with OVH too, and they work perfectly, but SYS....
What the hell did you make from SYS ?? When SYS started, support was faster, even procedure to replace my Motherboard was done only within few days..(MB problem was on same server as it is now with this problems).