OVH Community, your new community space.

mountall: event failed

ao12429
20-08-2014, 12:04
i created a ticket and been told that the vps series are unmanaged and they can't do anything about it.

after having the server offline for 4-5 days, an emergency ticket has been created automatically and the server was back online by technicians in a few minutes. now i'm scared to restart the server, if only they could provide information about what to do if it happened again

mdargacz
19-08-2014, 22:13
Quote Originally Posted by ao12429
hello!

i have a vps at ovh and i just updated ubuntu with apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. i wanted to reboot the system since it was up for a long time.

now the system cannot boot and on kvm, i get the error: "mountall: event failed"

i googled the error and all i get is about people talking about harddisk defects and wrong mounttables. since it's a vps, i don't think those stuff applies for me.

any help?
thanks in advance!
Same here, did you fix it?

ao12429
08-07-2014, 19:19
hello!

i have a vps at ovh and i just updated ubuntu with apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. i wanted to reboot the system since it was up for a long time.

now the system cannot boot and on kvm, i get the error: "mountall: event failed"

i googled the error and all i get is about people talking about harddisk defects and wrong mounttables. since it's a vps, i don't think those stuff applies for me.

any help?
thanks in advance!