OVH Community, your new community space.

Premium Bandwith

Ryuchetval
15-02-2016, 16:01
Yeap that worked together with a short tech call.

Thanks.

Dani
15-02-2016, 09:14
Hi

Please create a ticket regarding this this issue and we will review the request.

Thanks

Danny

Ryuchetval
14-02-2016, 17:00
I know this is an old topic but since I am kind of in the same situation I wanted to post.
I bought Platinum bandwidth for my dedicated server for 16 days (until next billing period) and now when I wanted to renew the server I found out that I have to pay for the Platinum bandwidth which costs more than the server itself (Game MC-32).
In the first place I bought it because I wanted to test it, saw that having the "Included" bandwidth the traffic would be routed only through one peer, and that the Platinum would provide peering with several important nodes in Europe, so basically I wanted it because I thought I would provide lower latency to my players, but it didn't make much change.
So I have two options left.
1. Call tech support tomorrow as now it's closed and ask the people to switch back to Included Bandwidth.
2. Buy a new server and migrate everything to the new one (time consuming but spares me around 140 euro/month that I don't have and it looks like it's really not lowering latency using the platinum Bandwidth)

I hope I have chances with my first option. I hoped I would find an answer in this topic but I didn't.

Maki187
28-07-2014, 21:40
Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jack
Regarding the contract, I'm pretty sure you can cancel it after it's 1 month duration ends. If not, it's very wrong as the customer must be allowed to cancel his/her service(s) after their duration ends.
Hey Mr.Jack, I can't cancel it, that is my biggest problem. I'm just not allowed to cancel it.
Also, I Didn't test it via browser on speedtest, as I use centos..

@TomOVH, Thank you, but I'm still hoping I can cancel it somehow.

TomOVH
28-07-2014, 12:19
Hello,

I have just brought this issue to our technicians who will update you with a response shortly.

You can see the status of your ticket via the OVH Manager under Support > See my incidents.

Mr. Jack
27-07-2014, 20:22
Quote Originally Posted by Maki187
This is OVH Premium Bandwith.. tested from rescue mod as support asked.
it's even worst then testing at speedtest.net

Now, I would realy like to you cancel it!

Acutaly I did get some slightly better results, but nothing special.

OP, Speedtest.net is the worst way to check the download/upload.
The method suggested by OVH isn't practical either.

Reason being, the download/upload tests via browser come with a lot of overhead + The test is done on the basis of a single tunnel opened via the browser to the speedtest server, whereas in real-life applications, you will find that all applications uses threaded processes for data transfer which is very very efficent.

What I suggest you to do now is start uploading to multiple filehosts simultaneously (Use a 1Gb file). Using over 5-7 file hosts will max out the upload and I am sure you will get what is guaranteed. I have had more servers in the past than you can imagine with many providers in Europe and I can say that this is the only method that has worked out well for me.

Regarding the contract, I'm pretty sure you can cancel it after it's 1 month duration ends. If not, it's very wrong as the customer must be allowed to cancel his/her service(s) after their duration ends.

Maki187
23-07-2014, 17:01
This is OVH Premium Bandwith.. tested from rescue mod as support asked.
it's even worst then testing at speedtest.net

Now, I would realy like to you cancel it!

Acutaly I did get some slightly better results, but nothing special.

elcct
19-07-2014, 22:38
Quote Originally Posted by DennisMidjord
He should at least get some of his money back if he has been paying for a product that he didn't receive.
That seems like a really bad practice - you can't even really test it, so how do you know "premium traffic" will be beneficial? If it's not you have to sacrifice one server - and OVH was so sad about turn-over recently. Hello?

DennisMidjord
19-07-2014, 00:20
He should at least get some of his money back if he has been paying for a product that he didn't receive.

Criot
18-07-2014, 20:24
Dennis, thanks for support. Yea, I realy didn't except this, I know that to OVH, one client up/or down is nothing. And I'm realy grateful to OVH, and OVH prices, but they shoudl explained it better in ToS.

anyway, I will test speed via rescue mod, if it's not what it should be (again..), then I think I will have right to they remove it from my server (as it's against EU laws - false advertising).
Not necessarily, if they resolve the problem (if there is one) so it provides the speed it should be then they wouldn't be under any obligation to remove it.

Maki187
18-07-2014, 17:24
Dennis, thanks for support. Yea, I realy didn't except this, I know that to OVH, one client up/or down is nothing. And I'm realy grateful to OVH, and OVH prices, but they shoudl explained it better in ToS.

anyway, I will test speed via rescue mod, if it's not what it should be (again..), then I think I will have right to they remove it from my server (as it's against EU laws - false advertising).

DennisMidjord
17-07-2014, 20:17
I understand your frustration Maki, I really do. I too thought that it was only for the period until the server was due for renew again - that would make the most sense. I've never heard of a place where you can buy an "addon" that can't be canceled.

But when that's said, I don't think OVH cares about whether or not you're renewing your server... Which is quite sad, but also understandable since it's written in their ToS - even though I also misunderstood it.

Dani
16-07-2014, 19:33
That's not somthing what is writen in Terms of Service, that's somthign what you tell me here on forum.
Anyway, my bandwith is not what you say it will be, like I didn't upgrade.. so pelase remove it from my account, as all what you say here is not decribed in Terms of Service!

And is there some superior what I can contact ??
Hi

This is written in the ToS. Its in the contract at:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/support/termsof...ffers_2014.pdf (End of Article 2)

On a seperate note, if the bandwidth isn't what it appears to be, please test the bandwidth within rescue mode, I understand you mentioned that you use CentOS to host VPS and your using the special script which connects to speedtest to perform the test. For the most accurate results please perform the test within rescue mode as the speedtest you have posted may be impacted by other VPS within your server.

Danny

Criot
16-07-2014, 18:26
That's not somthing what is writen in Terms of Service, that's somthign what you tell me here on forum.
Anyway, my bandwith is not what you say it will be, like I didn't upgrade.. so pelase remove it from my account, as all what you say here is not decribed in Terms of Service!

You'd have to run the test in Rescue Mode for them to see you're not getting what you purchased, but even then, they'd probably just resolve the issue (if there is one) - Personally, the TOS are quite clear that you wouldn't be able to cancel it afterwards.

Maki187
16-07-2014, 17:34

Dani
16-07-2014, 16:42
Dani@

I didn't test via browser, as I use CentOS, and host VPS on that server. I have special script that connects to speedtest and test it.
also, rescue mode is not something I can do any time, as I have lot of clients on that server...
Evrything I want is to you cancel bandwith, as I realy don't have money to renew it next month.
I misread your ToS, as I was thinking that I can cancle it after one month, and as you can see, I'm not only one who thinks that here..

Why I misread it ?

read it please..

"The Customer cannot cancel or transfer its Bandwidth Offer for the duration of the contract for the Dedicated Server in question. "

My contract is ONE MONTH, so I can cancel it after duration of contract END's. If you didn't think like that, then write normal Terms of Service, as this is not understandable... When people read it, it is possible to cancel it, if you didn't think like that, than you should write:

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO CANCEL PREMIUM BANDWITH AT ANY TIME WHILE SERVICE IS ACTIVE.

Please just cancel it, I'm realy not sure how do you think that I will renew it next month, as I DON'T have money for it.
I still think it's your fault, as you didn't write ToS how they should be writen, I readed it, as I read them evry time, but it's simply not writen how it should be..

@Alex, as Kode explained, I'm talking abotu upload (OVH-INTERNET), not about Download.
Hi

"The Customer cannot cancel or transfer its Bandwidth Offer for the duration of the contract for the Dedicated Server in question. "

The bandwidth upgrade is associated with your dedicatd server and the bandwidth option will expire when the server expires. If you renew the server, the bandwidth option will be renewed alongside the server itself.

Danny

crowarth
16-07-2014, 15:54
As long as the service is active, the bandwidth will be too - the only way to cancel it, is to cancel the server. Even though your contract is one month - if you renew it, you will have to renew the bandwidth too. It's clear enough in their T&C's; you just don't seem to want to accept that to be the case.

Also, it isn't up to OVH to worry how you'll pay for it. You either will or you won't, and they'll re-use the server. It's no skin of their back.

Maki187
16-07-2014, 14:48
Dani@

I didn't test via browser, as I use CentOS, and host VPS on that server. I have special script that connects to speedtest and test it.
also, rescue mode is not something I can do any time, as I have lot of clients on that server...
Evrything I want is to you cancel bandwith, as I realy don't have money to renew it next month.
I misread your ToS, as I was thinking that I can cancle it after one month, and as you can see, I'm not only one who thinks that here..

Why I misread it ?

read it please..

My contract is ONE MONTH, so I can cancel it after duration of contract END's. If you didn't think like that, then write normal Terms of Service, as this is not understandable... When people read it, it is possible to cancel it, if you didn't think like that, than you should write:

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO CANCEL PREMIUM BANDWITH AT ANY TIME WHILE SERVICE IS ACTIVE.

Please just cancel it, I'm realy not sure how do you think that I will renew it next month, as I DON'T have money for it.
I still think it's your fault, as you didn't write ToS how they should be writen, I readed it, as I read them evry time, but it's simply not writen how it should be..

@Alex, as Kode explained, I'm talking abotu upload (OVH-INTERNET), not about Download.

Dani
16-07-2014, 13:21
Hi

To test the bandwidth speed, please set your server into rescue mode to perform this test. Testing the bandwidth via an browser and on an OS leads to many over-heads.

Danny

Kode
16-07-2014, 13:00
Quote Originally Posted by alex
you are getting 840Mb/s, it's exactly the same as on any broadband (currently I am on 120Mbps, reality you get 100Mbps), it seems to me the ratio is not 1:1 as normally on the servers.
That's download, he's talking about upload (download speed on a hosted server is pretty irrelevant as 95% of the traffic should be upload)

alex
16-07-2014, 10:56
Anybody from support ?
I realy want to cancel this, as I don't have money for it.. Anyway, my upload is not 1 Gbps (OVH - Internet), as it's not going over 150 Mbps

I am very grateful for your service and price, but only I want is to cancle Premium Bandwith.
you are getting 840Mb/s, it's exactly the same as on any broadband (currently I am on 120Mbps, reality you get 100Mbps), it seems to me the ratio is not 1:1 as normally on the servers.

Dani
16-07-2014, 09:46
Hi

I have reviewed your order for the additonal bandwidth which is assoicated with your server. I also located the following terms and conditions regarding the bandwidth upgrade:

Article 2: Description of the service

Here is a direct link to the full contract:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/support/termsof...ffers_2014.pdf

Unfortunately it is not possible to cancel the bandwidth on the server.

Danny

Maki187
16-07-2014, 01:48
Thank you Danny. Just cancle it for me if you can, please.

IP Adress: 37.187.139.212

Dani
15-07-2014, 22:31
Hi

Please provide me with your NIC handle or your server address. I will look into this for you.

Danny

DennisMidjord
15-07-2014, 21:36
So it ain't possible to 'downgrade' again? I also thought you would've been able to cancel the premium bandwidth. I hope they somehow let you cancel it, otherwise it's going to suck to be you.

Maki187
15-07-2014, 19:15
Anybody from support ?
I realy want to cancel this, as I don't have money for it.. Anyway, my upload is not 1 Gbps (OVH - Internet), as it's not going over 150 Mbps

I am very grateful for your service and price, but only I want is to cancle Premium Bandwith.

Maki187
14-07-2014, 15:11
Hi,

Before let's say, 8 days, I ordered Premium Bandwith to just test it, how will my server respond.
I ordered it, as I have understand in contract, that I need to pay it, only until end of contract, and that was 3 days before due date (10.7.2014).
I wanted to test it for that 3 days, but on renew, I needed to pay full price of Premium Bandwith (and I did it).
Now I want to cancle it, but on support they told me that it's not possible to do that, and I need to pay it until I cancel server.
I realy don't have money for that, I just didn't understand contract good, I was thinking it's until end of contract, and I have monthly contract, so it's on the due date.

Can sombady from OVH please cancle it, I just don't have additional 40 eur for Premium Bandwith, that's whole server with SYS or some other providers.
Support told me that I can order new server, transfer all data and leave this server to expire. That's means that I need to pay again setup fee, change IP, and transfer manualy almost lot of VPS servers (more then 1 TB of data).. that's not somthing I can do...