We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How to request for additional IPs for my server

prabhakar
17-07-2014, 23:29
Thank you all guys for the guidance.

Razakel
17-07-2014, 21:10
Quote Originally Posted by prabhakar
Hi, thanks for the guidance. Actually, I have searched few american dedicated server providers, they ask to fill some complex forms for requesting additional IPs. That's why I used the term Hassle.
OVH will ask you what you're using the IPs for. You can just put a one-line explanation like "SSL certificates" or "customer virtual machines" and it'll be fine.

Your server has up to 16 IPs included but you will need to pay a one-off setup fee of 1.70 (plus VAT if applicable) per IP. Any additional IPs will be charged at that price, but monthly. You can have up to 128 additional IPs in total.

Criot
17-07-2014, 20:54
Quote Originally Posted by prabhakar
Hi, thanks for the guidance. Actually, I have searched few american dedicated server providers, they ask to fill some complex forms for requesting additional IPs. That's why I used the term Hassle.
You'll find that standard at most companies due to the IPv4 shortage, you need to justify your usage for them. Don't know what OVHs policy on justification is though.

prabhakar
17-07-2014, 20:11
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

For SYS servers, you can order the IP very easily. What do you mean by hassle? Once your account has been validated, you can order other services easily on that account.

Danny

Dani
17-07-2014, 15:08
Hi

For SYS servers, you can order the IP very easily. What do you mean by hassle? Once your account has been validated, you can order other services easily on that account.

Danny

prabhakar
17-07-2014, 14:03
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

I will assume its an OVH server rather than an SYS server as you didn't post the thread in the SYS sub-section.

The IP can be ordered within your manager. There is an option called "IP" which will allow you to order additional IP against your server and the option to choose the IP's Geo-located country too.

If you can proivde me with your NIC handle or server address, I can proivde you with more information.

Danny
Hi,

I am sorry for not providing complete information. Unfortunately my NIC (rp114717-sys) is of SYS and I will buy a server from SYS once I understand that there is no such hassle in getting IPs.

Let me know where I should ask my query if I have posted in wrong section.

Thanks.

Dani
17-07-2014, 09:57
Hi

I will assume its an OVH server rather than an SYS server as you didn't post the thread in the SYS sub-section.

The IP can be ordered within your manager. There is an option called "IP" which will allow you to order additional IP against your server and the option to choose the IP's Geo-located country too.

If you can proivde me with your NIC handle or server address, I can proivde you with more information.

Danny

Jasgriff
17-07-2014, 08:15
Hi Prabhakar,

I think you will need to post your NIC Handle and or model of server for someone to help you out here.

prabhakar
17-07-2014, 07:03
Hi,

Honestly, I had searched a lot on this forum to get some information but not found anything. Therefore, I am asking now by creating a thread.

My question is: How can I request for additional IPs for my server? The purpose is to provide dedicated IPs to clients to whom I will sell hosting space on my server.

Thanks.