OVH Community, your new community space.

Servers won't reinstall

DennisMidjord
18-07-2014, 23:27
Hi Neil,

No need to - I got them reinstalled. :-)
Thanks for the help

Neil
18-07-2014, 10:04
Quote Originally Posted by DennisMidjord
Hello,

I'm reinstalling most of my servers. 3 at OVH and 2 at SYS. First one at OVH did well, and first one at SYS also did reinstall without problems. However, as soon as I started the next one from SYS, I received an email with the topic "Error during server re-installation". I never received any emails about an error from OVH, but the servers wouldn't start reinstalling (said 0/8 progress the entire time). Both of the servers from OVH did that. I couldn't even restart them because it said that an intervention was going on on my server.

Oh yeah, and the 3 servers never shut down when I clicked reinstall. Still up.

I've had problem reinstalling one server before, but never three in a row.

What's the deal?
Hi, do you have the server ID so I can check?

Criot
18-07-2014, 02:20
http://status.ovh.co.uk/?do=details&id=7301

Possible cause?

DennisMidjord
18-07-2014, 01:00
After clicking on cancel enough times, I could finally reinstall in rescue mode. Seems to be working now.

DennisMidjord
18-07-2014, 00:51
I can't really restart the reinstallation process. It's just stuck at 0/8, and when I click cancel, nothing happens.

heise
18-07-2014, 00:46
Try booting to rescue mode and then starting reinstallation.

DennisMidjord
18-07-2014, 00:41
Hello,

I'm reinstalling most of my servers. 3 at OVH and 2 at SYS. First one at OVH did well, and first one at SYS also did reinstall without problems. However, as soon as I started the next one from SYS, I received an email with the topic "Error during server re-installation". I never received any emails about an error from OVH, but the servers wouldn't start reinstalling (said 0/8 progress the entire time). Both of the servers from OVH did that. I couldn't even restart them because it said that an intervention was going on on my server.

Oh yeah, and the 3 servers never shut down when I clicked reinstall. Still up.

I've had problem reinstalling one server before, but never three in a row.

What's the deal?