OVH Community, your new community space.

Hello, Server ID: 278110

georgecampbell
30-09-2014, 08:04
Are you talking about remotely connecting to your dedicated host? If that's the case, then you can try using remote support tools like LogMeIn, Teamviewer, RDP, RHUB, Bomgar etc.

heise
19-07-2014, 05:39
Choose Licence (it's between Backup Storage and Installation template)
-> Order a licence
1. Select the IP and licence type
-> IP Block
-> IP
-> Licence
-> Version
2. SQL
3. Duration
4. Validation
and Confirm

I think you can also add a SPLA licence if you have one.

If it should not work, on Monday support can check, why you cannot buy/add licence.

Kun
19-07-2014, 04:37
How can i order it to my dedicated server? do i have to do that manually? because it seems like the links aren't working while you press on it.

heise
19-07-2014, 01:02
Windows 2008 Standard R2 is supported on standard SoYouStart server. It is not supported on "Game server", which are in beta. Here you see the extra money you have to pay to install Windows without own licence: http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/2014-wi...es-pricing.xml

Kun
19-07-2014, 00:03
Yeah, that is exactly what happened. Yet i didn't install my OS because i am waiting for the customer support to confirm if they don't support windows server 2008 standard R2 on their dedicated hosts.

Anyway thank you so much.

heise
18-07-2014, 23:54
I don't know what you are expecting from customer support, but at the price you paid, you don't get software support. Normally you would choose your OS to install. At the end of the installation you get your login data and then you log into your server an customize it to your needs. You know you are the admin, so configuration of Windows is up to you.

I can only guess, you did not finish installing your OS, so you don't have the login data.

Kun
18-07-2014, 23:39
Dear heise,

Thank you so much for trying to help. However i still need a guide how to setup my dedicated host properly, I didn't want to mess the things up and install any existed OS till i contact the customer support.
Do you mind telling me how do we connect to the dedicated host? ( it is the first time i do get a dedicated host to be honest ).
Thank you once again.

kind regards, Kun.

heise
18-07-2014, 22:43
Well, I understand that you need a licence for that, which you can buy or you can enter your own one. Once that is done you can install Windows 2008 R2 through the manager. Or you can install it yourself with your own key using link in signature, but that is more for Kimsufi, that doesn't officially support Windows.

Kun
18-07-2014, 22:33
Good evening everybody right there,

I've been trying to install my preferd OS on my dedicated host, while trying to install it which is windows server 2008 Standard R2 I couldn't find it available in the options? What am i supposed to do?
How do i connect to my dedicated host? Via teamviewer or remote desktop connection?
Is there any guide about how to use dedicated hosts properly or how to manage them in the right way?
Any kind of help would be much appreciated and more than welcome.

Best regards, Kun.