We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How do I extend my ''root'' / partition?

anosh
30-03-2015, 09:45
Hi,

I am currently trying to configure ESXi on my new kimsufi box.

I know it can be difficult to do with only one IPv4 but my idea was to use IPv6 for the management and then use PfSense with the IPv4 address to NAT my VM's.

The only issue i am having is that i remove the IPv4 address from the VmKernel Port and try to assign it to a VM it is unable to get out.

I am repetitively new to ESXi so am wondering if I am missing something simple or am i trying to do something that is just not possible.

Any help with this would be great.

__________________________________________________ ____________

We offer up to date exam practice questions with test king self paced test engine to help you pass exam and complete your ccent course you should also find Sterling College wireless training for your complete University of Kansas

Pandox
20-07-2014, 18:23
When I initially setup the dedi, I used Kimsufi default installation template and choose to install CentOS 6.5. I recently noticed that my "root /" partition is around 80% and has only 20GB assigned to it, while my "sda2 /home" partition has around 950GB assigned to it. I want to shrink the "sda2" partition by 500GB and assign that 500GB to the "root" partition. I haven't been able to find any guides for help, if anyone could assist me that be great!