OVH Community, your new community space.

Backup Storage NFS

mike_
09-09-2014, 12:58
*bump*

This option is now available but costs £1.69/month + VAT. That's affordable and I'll probably pay it, but it seems cheeky this charge has been introduced when the servers were originally advertised as having NFS/CIFS backup at no extra charge.

Careimages
30-07-2014, 17:17
Seems like there is some confusion in the OVH offices.

CIFS appeared in the SYS control panel backup options a few months ago, i enabled it and have no problems using it on my SYS server. (The acknowledgement of the existing backup storage in the control panel is buggy though - it sometimes takes several reloads of the control panel for it to show up).

and here's the command line i use to connect via CIFS ( and should of course be whatever yours are and of course the mount point can be whatever you want.

mount -t cifs -o username=,password= /// /mnt/ovhback

Neil
30-07-2014, 15:38
Hi

Currently it is only possible to use FTP for the storage backup on SYS Servers, this may change in the near future as it has not been confirmed just yet what the packages will fully be.

mike_
30-07-2014, 14:18
Can anyone from OVH comment on this? I'd really like to enable NFS.

Careimages
28-07-2014, 15:43
There seems to be an issue with the backup settings in the current version of the SYS control panel. I just checked mine now and it didn't recognise that I've already got backup storage set up (and can still connect to and use it from my server), instead it asked me if I wanted to initialize some new backup storage.

mike_
26-07-2014, 19:17
Hi,

I got a SYS-IP-4 on Friday and am very happy with it It's a big upgrade from my aging Kimsufi.

At work we can use NFS to mount our backup storage on our OVH server, and the SYS website says the same is possible, but in the manager the checkboxes for NFS and CIFS are disabled. Does anyone know how to get it working?

Cheers,
Mike