OVH Community, your new community space.

Anti-DDoS false positives.

Mr. Jack
28-07-2014, 12:03
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

It appears the IP from the ticket is currently under permanent mitigation. In addition to to this I was able to create an session against the IP.
The virtual macs has been set up already. You should also get a response from my colleague on the ticket.

Danny
It doesn't matter if it is under Permanent Mitigation or not. The issue persists now.

I have updated the ticket with the IP. I a Windows VPS running on that IP and I have mentioned in the ticket how you can try connecting via RDP and see how it works randomly and stops connecting every few minutes.

Here is a graph from Pingdom.com (I have the IP being pinged 24/7 since the past 24 hrs):

The report is much bigger but I couldn't add it all in a single image

I have another server with such setup running without issues. This is an issue from your backend and I want it fixed today to avoid me any troubles.

Thanks

Dani
28-07-2014, 09:49
Hi

It appears the IP from the ticket is currently under permanent mitigation. In addition to to this I was able to create an session against the IP.
The virtual macs has been set up already. You should also get a response from my colleague on the ticket.

Danny

Criot
27-07-2014, 22:08
Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jack
It is already disabled.

I enabled it temporarily to check what was the root cause.

Just waiting for someone from OVH to reply with an answer, this is a serious issue from their backend and I'm sure other customers are affected too
I don't believe your traffic will be running through Anti-DDoS then unless it is detected?

Have you setup Virtual MACs for each of the IPs?

Mr. Jack
27-07-2014, 21:14
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
Simple solution would be to disable permanent mitigation.
It is already disabled.

I enabled it temporarily to check what was the root cause.

Just waiting for someone from OVH to reply with an answer, this is a serious issue from their backend and I'm sure other customers are affected too

Criot
27-07-2014, 21:10
Simple solution would be to disable permanent mitigation.

Mr. Jack
27-07-2014, 18:40
Quote Originally Posted by heise
Take a VPS and ping your server every few seconds.
I've gone through all that. The problem is with their Anti-DDoS Setup and that's without any doubt. I'm just waiting for someone with access to that to reply and fix it.

heise
27-07-2014, 17:22
Had a similar problem with another provider and they couldn't fix it. But regular pings solved the problem. Take a VPS and ping your server every few seconds.

Mr. Jack
27-07-2014, 16:53
I have been trying to setup KVM Bridge Networking on my OVH server since the past 3 nights without any success. It was only today that I found out the issue was not with my configuration (which had been correct the whole time) but with OVH's Anti-DDoS false positives which were blocking me from connecting to my own IP's (on which Windows Servers are being hosted). This is not permanent. The connections are established after trying for 1-2 mins; But when they are not connected to for longer time (5-10 mins), the IP stops responding again at which point, I have to open up the RDP Window and start trying to connect again.

With my old server, that also has an IP Allocation, there is no such issue. With this new server however, since OVH has purchased the /16 IPv4 block from another company and recently set it up, I have a strong feeling they did not configure it well on their routers along with the Anti-DDoS setup.

I have recorded a video specially to demonstrate this issue and to prove my point but unfortunately cannot show it here due to some confidential data present inside (I am willing to show it to any OVH rep here via PM)

The incident no. registered with this issue is 1753668

I have been waiting for Mr. Hajer. M (Support Rep) to fix the issue since the past few hours but with no success. I will appreciate if some rep from this forum can escalate this matter as it is one of urgency.

Thanks.