OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH housing / colocation

ajaymishra
13-01-2017, 11:53
Hi,

Gone are those days when color was only available for French customers. Now it is very much a global entity.

Razakel
06-08-2014, 13:25
Quote Originally Posted by anikon
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the colo / housing service that OVH presumably provides? The only info I was able to locate, was in .fr, here: https://www.ovh.com/fr/housing/bande...te_housing.xml

a) Is housing available to .fr residents only or is anyone from abroad also allowed to install their server?
b) Looking to house 3x 4U racks and to apply for a shared 10 GigE connection - how much is that going to cost and what are the limits on bandwidth (external, internet to OVH)?
c) What is the concept of "Routage" 1x2, 1x3 etc all about?
d) "La bande passante" mentions +1 Gbps for 900 / mo - what does it mean and what is it for?

Thanks.
From what I can gather:

b) You'll need a half rack (23U - quarter-racks are 11U), which is €699 + tax. You get 1Gbps guaranteed and unmetered with that. You can upgrade to a 10Gbps uplink for €149 per month, but that doesn't increase your bandwidth capacity.

c) Redundancy. With 1x2 you're connected to one router with two routing cards, with 2x2 you're connected to two routers each with one routing card, and with 2x4 you're connected to two routers each with two cards. You can only have the 2x2 configuration with a 10Gbps uplink.

d) Additional dedicated bandwidth. You can have up to 3Gbps. I don't think you can't burst past your limit.

S0phie
06-08-2014, 09:53
Hi,

Colocation is also available for customers who aren't based in France. The servers are located in Paris, as long as they do agree to go there we would be happy to offer colocation.

anikon
04-08-2014, 19:05
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
I think as far as I'm aware colo is only available to French customers.
I don't have an issue with deploying the server in OVH's FR datacenters - I was mostly wondering if they allow foreigners to do that at all?

anikon
04-08-2014, 18:52
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the colo / housing service that OVH presumably provides? The only info I was able to locate, was in .fr, here: https://www.ovh.com/fr/housing/bande...te_housing.xml

a) Is housing available to .fr residents only or is anyone from abroad also allowed to install their server?
b) Looking to house 3x 4U racks and to apply for a shared 10 GigE connection - how much is that going to cost and what are the limits on bandwidth (external, internet to OVH)?
c) What is the concept of "Routage" 1x2, 1x3 etc all about?
d) "La bande passante" mentions +1 Gbps for 900 / mo - what does it mean and what is it for?

Thanks.

Criot
04-08-2014, 18:52
I think as far as I'm aware colo is only available to French customers.