OVH Community, your new community space.

realtek nics

xkalibur
09-08-2014, 16:35
still no resolution, server remains in rescue mode. They keep telling me it's fixed, rescude mode network test and ftp transfer rate tells me otherwise.

xkalibur
05-08-2014, 04:05
Thanks for the info. It's the RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller. It is also using the r8169 driver. I'm using esxi OS, so the thread doesn't exactly apply. But I'm still having network throughput issues in rescue mode, so I'm pretty sure my distro's not the issue. I'm finding it quite a challenge to get my server serviced; I wish it were as easy as asking them to swap out my motherboard. Hopefully, getting a refund for the ~week my server has been in rescue mode while my incident ticket has been opened, won't be nearly as difficult. We'll see, once my server is functioning normally that is.

Razakel
04-08-2014, 20:55
Is it the Realtek 8168B NIC? Some people have reported problems, yes.

If you do have problems, try following Myatu's advice here:
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ll=1#post47569

Failing that, open a ticket and get the motherboard swapped out.

xkalibur
04-08-2014, 20:45
I am using a server that utilizes Realtek gigabit nic. I have heard bad things about this nic. Has anyone had a bad experience with this nic that has caused them network or server issues? Has anyone managed to get theirs switched out with a real Intel nic?