OVH Community, your new community space.

Can I order a demo 1G from OVH? Can I heck!!

Andy.
30-09-2008, 15:34
Here's an update if anyone is interested.

Don't let it be said that I only complain here.

Get an email from Marco telling me that there was a problem with the service and they were going review the offer and maybe pull it.

I wasn't pleased to say the least.
After over 2 weeks of telling OVH there was a problem they finaly admit yes, there is a problem, but to then tell me I couldn't have the service made me pretty mad. It was almost like OVH were telling me they couldn't bypass their OWN system when there is a problem which I think is complete rubbish.

Anyway, fired off another email stating how unhappy I still was.

I get an email back from support the following day.

"This service is fixed and you can now use it."

Yeah, arite.

So off I went to place my third order, same details and same telephone for verification.

Guess what?

It only f'in worked! Got the call in two minutes, some french sounding english speaking robot asked me to enter the 4 digit code and voila, verified.

A few emails in my inbox later and there was my login details to my new 1g demo account.

So, yeah, I whinge a lot when things go wrong and some of you must think I'm just a troll, but trust me, when things do go right I'll be the first to say so.

So well done OVH and thanks. (but I still think it better for the robot to leave the code in case we cannot answer telephone when OVH calls)

Andy.
29-09-2008, 17:01
Quick note to OVH.

At the moment you provide a code which I presume we type into the phone when the ovh robot calls.
The robot is supposed to call anytime between 8 am and 9pm I think.
In other words, you have to wait all day for the robot to call so you are ready to enter the code.
If you miss the call the verification will fail.

Would it not be easier if the robot GAVE a code when it called that you then have to type in the website to verify?
That way we can put the answer machine on, which will record the code then we verify via the website later that day.

This way the customer is not sat around worrying that they may miss the call.

Andy.
29-09-2008, 14:08
recent email sent to support.
This is after nearly DAILY contact on the telephone for most of last week!

Hi, support
I've been trying to get one of these free demo accounts nearly 3 weeks now.

For some reason your website will accept my LANDLINE number as legitimate for verification purposes, but when it tries to call my number an error occurs WITH YOUR SYSTEM and the account cannot be verified. I get no call.

Support have called me on my land line number and it works fine.

You wont let me use a mobile number for verification
You've (support) even asked for ANOTHER landline number! (how many people do YOU know that have 2 land lines at home?)

So nearly THREE weeks later and I'm STILL waiting for a demo 1g account.
I'm STILL waiting for support to call or email me back.
I'm STILL waiting for OVH to fix their system.

I'm FED UP.

Andy.