OVH Community, your new community space.

Poor connectivity between OVH servers?

Busby
16-08-2014, 23:26
Thanks for the reply Alex, I'll have to get my friend who set up the Linux server to run some checks for me as its way above my pay grade

I just wondered if anyone else was having simillar issues, though in reality my situation is pretty unique.

alex
16-08-2014, 22:11
Quote Originally Posted by Busby
The streaming data between the two servers is less than 2Mb but sometimes I totally loose connectivity [and all my listeners]. Its not an issue with the Windows server as the backup does exactly the same.
it's definitely sucks, have you troubleshoot network speed, example:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-c...ethernet-card/

Busby
15-08-2014, 22:04

Busby
15-08-2014, 21:57
The streaming data between the two servers is less than 2Mb but sometimes I totally loose connectivity [and all my listeners]. Its not an issue with the Windows server as the backup does exactly the same.

alex
15-08-2014, 21:33
what speed do you getting?

Busby
15-08-2014, 15:16
I have a number of servers for my radio station; one Windows server running my playout system, a backup Windows server, and a Kimsufi used for streaming.

For the past week I have been having problems with poor connectivity between these servers resulting in buffering and drop-outs in the stream. My streaming software tells me the problem is between the 2 servers not between the Kimsufi and the listeners.

I have had my Kimsufi since 2008 and not had any problems until now.

Is anyone else having problems or is it just me?