OVH Community, your new community space.

newbee needs some help please

Dani
19-08-2014, 11:05
Hi

Files under www, should appear straight away. You can restart apache with:

service apache2 restart

In addition to this, you may wish to check the file permissions under www.

Danny

alex
19-08-2014, 09:59
i have at present a dyns pointing to the server as well as a domain name from namecheap
why do you need dyns pointing?

You need to create the nameservers, pointing to the same IP address of your server.

i have put files in the www folder and for 3 hrs nothing seems to see it? what the hell and i doing wrong?
don't need to wait 3hrs, have you started Apache or any other web server software?

seamouse
19-08-2014, 09:00
i have had a kimsufi for about 6 months and was easy for me to use and install what i needed

i moved to this server (so you start) as want to better the speed and connections and go daddy crashed my ipb board in 5 days ( was not even live and was getting over 7 on the server status)

right i`m trying to install a ipb board

i just installed vesta panel, so a little easyer for me to make mysql databases and phpmyadmin

i have put files in the www folder and for 3 hrs nothing seems to see it? what the hell and i doing wrong?

i have at present a dyns pointing to the server as well as a domain name from namecheap

when i put in url/check_requirements.php to check all ok for ipb board i get a not found, even if i use the ip still not found

where do i put the files to be seen???

i have tried in 4 places and nothing seems to be found?
of course with installing mysql and all that, should i not have somewhere with a php5 ini?