OVH Community, your new community space.

Using my Own Windows Server 2008

Storm
20-08-2014, 22:38
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
You have to reinstall using your key, not just update the product key in Windows.

Then just don't renew the licence from OVH.
It worked either way just from changing the product key.
As to the not paying part, it isn't possible as the OS is a part of my subtotal bill.
I called Customer Service and they had told me to wait till tomorrow and call back.

Razakel
20-08-2014, 22:27
Quote Originally Posted by Storm
Hello, I have add my my Window Server 2008 Product code to the license and it still has been validating for over a month now.
I know the code works as I already updated the code on the current windows 2008 that I have installed and it was validated, so I am wondering how long must I wait for it to be updated so that I wont have to pay the extra 20.00 quid a month for Windows 2008?

My Server ID: 365602
You have to reinstall using your key, not just update the product key in Windows.

Then just don't renew the licence from OVH.

Storm
20-08-2014, 22:23
Hello, I have add my my Window Server 2008 Product code to the license and it still has been validating for over a month now.
I know the code works as I already updated the code on the current windows 2008 that I have installed and it was validated, so I am wondering how long must I wait for it to be updated so that I wont have to pay the extra 20.00 quid a month for Windows 2008?

My Server ID: 365602