OVH Community, your new community space.

Changing Server IP Address

Maki187
29-08-2014, 15:47
Just buy an failover IP, and make TeamSpeak 3 to run on that IP.
Also you can't change main Ip adress of your Dedicated Server, you can only change Failover IP's. You would need to cancel that server and buy new one if u want to change main IP.

btw, that is not pirated license, that is NPL license what you have.. with nulled license, TeamSpeak 3 can't blacklist you.

K.Kode
23-08-2014, 14:12
ts3server_startscript.sh start voice_ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

ctype_alnum
23-08-2014, 10:28
Hire a professional.

Bakla
23-08-2014, 04:21
Hi, I'm a complete server noob and only use my server for two things:

1. A non-profit online gaming community (teamspeak, jabber, website).
2. My personal portfolio and a few other (armature) personal websites.

Recently someone from my gaming community thought it would be a good idea to use a pirate licence for TeamSpeak so that we could have more users (I didn't realise it was a pirate copy or that you even needed to apply for a code). This backfired and TeamSpeak blacklisted our server.

I was wondering if there an easy (noob friendly) way to change the main IP address of our server and whether or not it would effect all the other websites on the server too? I'm pretty sure I can iron things over with TeamSpeak customer support eventually but they take weeks to respond to tickets and we really can't wait. I would love to be able to just reset the IP, reinstall TeamSpeak and carry on as if it never happened.

Thanks in advance.