OVH Community, your new community space.

3 x 120 GB SSD

mike_
06-09-2014, 15:44
Quote Originally Posted by nebulos
so that's why they are always sold out?
They won't buy new hardware for their sys servers?
Take a look at most of the CPUs listed. They're not even manufactured anymore. There's no reason to expect a brand new server given the specs, and certainly not at those insane prices.

Criot
05-09-2014, 22:09
Quote Originally Posted by nebulos
Most of the hardware SYS sells is EOL now so won't be sold by the manufacturers anymore, so yes that could be why the one's with older hardware are rarely in stock.

nebulos
05-09-2014, 20:59

Criot
05-09-2014, 20:46
Quote Originally Posted by simonski
Yes, Oles confirmed to me via Twitter that all SYS (exception of GAME of course) are currently Intel S320. Was pretty annoyed as, once again, going on information I'd already seen/read, was expecting S3500 drives which are much better (newer). Note that the S320 are not even SATA3.

I had the E3-SSD-2 by the way, and two of the drives had ~23000 hours power-on time. Fast approaching 3 years continuous operation. No thanks. Why the setup fee? Yes, I'll pay 50 quid and get someone's crappy 3-year-old continuously-used darn-right ancient SSDs. No doubt the retort would be "but you get *three* drives!" Completely pointless and useless in my case, don't need the extra storage, wouldn't use software RAID-5 anyway, would much rather have a pair of S3500s.
SYS and Kimsufi are more budget for a reason, the hardware is very much more likely to be used. You'd need to buy from OVH directly for brand new (ish) hardware, support has told me previously that all drives delivered with OVH servers are no more than 6 months old. From personal experience, all OVH servers I've had have had brand new drives.

simonski
05-09-2014, 20:17
Yes, Oles confirmed to me via Twitter that all SYS (exception of GAME of course) are currently Intel S320. Was pretty annoyed as, once again, going on information I'd already seen/read, was expecting S3500 drives which are much better (newer). Note that the S320 are not even SATA3.

I had the E3-SSD-2 by the way, and two of the drives had ~23000 hours power-on time. Fast approaching 3 years continuous operation. No thanks. Why the setup fee? Yes, I'll pay 50 quid and get someone's crappy 3-year-old continuously-used darn-right ancient SSDs. No doubt the retort would be "but you get *three* drives!" Completely pointless and useless in my case, don't need the extra storage, wouldn't use software RAID-5 anyway, would much rather have a pair of S3500s.

Criot
03-09-2014, 12:21
It seems you will only get guaranteed hardware from OVH and not SYS, if you're wanting guaranteed hardware or better hardware, you're going to have to pay for it. Even though OVH is more expensive than SYS, OVH is still a lot cheaper than most other providers with similar specifications.

Dani
03-09-2014, 10:52
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
You won't get a confirmation of the exact hardware the server will be delivered with. It can't be guaranteed.
Hi

This is correct, the exact hardware of the server will be variable depending on the time of order. It is only possible to guarantee the hardware specs but not the exact model number of the hardware used.

Danny

Razakel
02-09-2014, 16:03
You won't get a confirmation of the exact hardware the server will be delivered with. It can't be guaranteed.

Abdullah
02-09-2014, 14:16
still waiting for some one can help me

Abdullah
01-09-2014, 12:07
any one from support team can confrim any ssd you are using now on your server befoer i order new ssd servers

Abdullah
30-08-2014, 23:04
thx you for answer any one from support team can confrim any type of harddisk ssd they using now

i have on my other server from other data center intel 530

http://ark.intel.com/compare/75333,56563

want be sure before i move to ovh ssd servers

Careimages
30-08-2014, 21:08
If you're running Linux of some kind, hwinfo should tell you all you need to know. (you may need to install it first).

caveman122
30-08-2014, 19:18
They have been using Intem 320 series in BHS (Canada) lately.

Kode
30-08-2014, 12:32
they are intel S3500 drives, so read 445MB/s, write 135MB/s

http://ark.intel.com/products/75678/...-6Gbs-20nm-MLC

Abdullah
30-08-2014, 01:20
Hello support i have send mail to support for asking them about the type of ssd you are using and read and writ speed on the ssd but never
get replayed as every times than i will try on forum

120 GB SSD read/writ speed need and type any answer thx you very much