OVH Community, your new community space.

renew services

laggeduout
03-09-2014, 01:07
Quote Originally Posted by Careimages
Anyone able from OVH able to clarify this? This error appears when clicking the link in the 'renew' email. If it just means that the failover IP is free now then great (although it would have been good to let us know), the worry is that the failover IP might disappear if not renewed.

(my renewal is due by 14th Sept and my nic is bt75910-sys )
Ovh confirmed the ips are now just free

Careimages
02-09-2014, 11:19
Anyone able from OVH able to clarify this? This error appears when clicking the link in the 'renew' email. If it just means that the failover IP is free now then great (although it would have been good to let us know), the worry is that the failover IP might disappear if not renewed.

(my renewal is due by 14th Sept and my nic is bt75910-sys )

laggeduout
30-08-2014, 20:08
Quote Originally Posted by Careimages
i'm getting the same Error with my renewal. I've been paying monthly and there's always been a fee for the fail over IPs up till now. Hope someone clarifies this ASAP as the whole point of fail over IPs is not having to mess around with DNS entries.
Totally agree, I am more than happy if I just no longer need to pay any monthly costs for the Fail Over Ip's I have - Just don't really want to start changing DNS If I need to use a new range etc.

Careimages
30-08-2014, 15:28
i'm getting the same Error with my renewal. I've been paying monthly and there's always been a fee for the failover IPs up till now. Hope someone clarifies this ASAP as the whole point of failover IPs is not having to mess around with DNS entries.

Razakel
30-08-2014, 13:57
Your first 16 IPs don't have a monthly fee. Once you've paid the initial setup fee you keep them as long as you renew the server.

laggeduout
30-08-2014, 12:30
I also get the below:

No service has been found for the domain ip-178.32.54.XXX
Re-enter the domain name if it's a typing error

On the same Page.

laggeduout
30-08-2014, 12:29
Hi,

I have been using SYS for around 8 months with two servers and two Fail Over IP's - I use database and file based replication to keep the servers in sync and point all the DNS at the fail over IP's - When I have come to review the services today I get the below - does this mean the Fail Over IP's can't be used any more?

The service ip-178.32.54.XXX is not renewable: Not renewable service type.
The service ip-178.32.54.XXX is not renewable: Not renewable service type.

I tried to call Support about this but have not been able to get anywhere.

Thanks