OVH Community, your new community space.

Firewall ASA? I'm stuck!

Rainmaker
06-09-2014, 15:48
I still haven't received any email regarding the issue.

What should I do to make you disable the firewall that I'm paying for? Do I need to wait one month, so I can ignore the payment and you can finally disable it?

davidovh
04-09-2014, 19:01
Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
My server isn't able to function since 4 days. I just want you to cut off the firewall which I'm paying for. It's blocking me and I can't disable it in any kinda way. I explained this in phone like 5 times. If you can't do such a simple thing, then don't say "we are fixing the problem right now". Just tell me what's going on so I can move my server to hetzner or something. People gone crazy and I have nothing left to say to them. There isn't making up for this 4 days of gap. It just killed my business.
Hello,

My colleague is looking into this issue for you, he has contacted the technicians regarding this issue. He will contact you via email.

Kind regards
David

Delito
03-09-2014, 16:20
I am one of his clients,and yeah,we have been 4 days without service,all we do is wait for you to help rainmaker to put the game back online.
So please,help him as soon as possible..
Best regards

Rainmaker
03-09-2014, 09:45
Quote Originally Posted by TomOVH
Hello,

I have discussed this issue with you via phone and will update you as soon as I have more info.

My server isn't able to function since 4 days. I just want you to cut off the firewall which I'm paying for. It's blocking me and I can't disable it in any kinda way. I explained this in phone like 5 times. If you can't do such a simple thing, then don't say "we are fixing the problem right now". Just tell me what's going on so I can move my server to hetzner or something. People gone crazy and I have nothing left to say to them. There isn't making up for this 4 days of gap. It just killed my business.

TomOVH
02-09-2014, 14:01
Hello,

I have discussed this issue with you via phone and will update you as soon as I have more info.

Rainmaker
01-09-2014, 22:37
I still haven't received any response for my tickets. Is that normal? Or is there a unsual problem?

Rainmaker
01-09-2014, 12:47
Hi.

My server is being attacked lately. I thought sys servers have anti-ddos but after witnessing the hackers shutting my connection day and night, I figured that I couldn't rely on promised "unlimited" anti-ddos protection because in my type of business (online gaming) I can't tolerate even seconds of downtime. So I ordered firewall asa 5505 and I enabled it. But it didn't do any good for me because the license that sys gave me allows only 10,000 connections at the same time. Well, I thought that was exactly the thing a hardware firewall should prevent.

So, I figured that I'm losing time and money (I've already lost a lot more because of the attacks) and gave up about defending the atacks and I having a look at other servers on OVH so I can sleep at nights. But a new problem came up. My server now cannot connect the internet. I mean I can connect it via RDP and user can access the website. But the server is not able to start vital programs (files that players connect on to enter the game) and I can't do any type of download. So, after a while I figured out that the problem is being caused by the hardware firewall.

Now I'm trying to disable it via panel but it doesn't event seem enabled. And when I try to enable it, it says "an operation is already in todo". I'm trying to access my firewall via ASDM so I can allow the connection but now my admin password that was given by OVH is magically changed. I can't connect my firewall. I'm absolutely stuck in this situation and sending mails to sys support. But it's been three days and I didn't get any reply.

My months of work and ****load of money that I've spent on hosting, developing and adversiting are completely wasted.

I'm really frustated. Please help already.

Thanks.

My info :
Customer ID : go36732-sys
Server : ns320483.ip-46-105-100.eu
Email Address : royalke@outlook.com