OVH Community, your new community space.

Additional IP Ordering

crowarth
02-09-2014, 18:53
Kebab-sufi .. i like this. I want them to release a product with that name!!

Trapper
02-09-2014, 18:09
OK, this makes a little more sense now.

The server is an "OVH Kimi" - That is a Kimsufi but an old one, still in my OVH account. Not SYS, not "Kebab-Sufi".

So the charge was for the rest of the month, until renewal of the server (21st).

As such, I guess because this is still a Kimi, I'll be charged monthly for it...

~Trap

Razakel
02-09-2014, 15:59
Quote Originally Posted by crowarth
I guess that you're billed monthly for the IP for the server its for, rather than the IP range of SYS servers where you pay for the setup, and renewal is free?

because it kinda makes sense if yours are free and you're just charged for the setup - they run until the expiry of the server but are renewed for free - so you're seeing the expiry of your server and the cost of setup (but your renewal of that IP will be free when it comes to that date)
This is correct.

Your first 16 IPs on an SYS server have a setup fee but no renewal cost.

crowarth
02-09-2014, 15:46
I guess that you're billed monthly for the IP for the server its for, rather than the IP range of SYS servers where you pay for the setup, and renewal is free?

because it kinda makes sense if yours are free and you're just charged for the setup - they run until the expiry of the server but are renewed for free - so you're seeing the expiry of your server and the cost of setup (but your renewal of that IP will be free when it comes to that date)

otherwise, if you're paying monthly for the IP's then yep that does look a bit odd unless they bill whole months rather than pro-rata for IP addresses.

Trapper
02-09-2014, 13:43
Today (2014-09-02) I needed to order an additional IP for one of my servers.

First, I am only going to get 20 days for my month...

2014-09-02 to 2014-09-21 = 20 days inclusive..!

Second, I was "tested", just like the fellow sent into a round room, and told to stand in the corner...

...I also did not get the "new tab" promised.

Has anyone at OVH even looked at this, and tried it out themselves?

~Trap