OVH Community, your new community space.

Game Server

Maki187
07-09-2014, 00:39
Quote Originally Posted by Kurt
The main reason for beta is to test the anti ddos system right? But what i dont understand is, who is going to get ddosed with a new server that doesnt have many players?
yea, probably about DDoS protection, but for example, all my servers are under constant DDoS, so even new servers are (strong ddos, sometimes OVH protection is not strong enuff, so it go down.

Criot
06-09-2014, 18:45
Quote Originally Posted by Kurt
The main reason for beta is to test the anti ddos system right? But what i dont understand is, who is going to get ddosed with a new server that doesnt have many players?
I would assume that it would be to also test the hardware is suitable for gaming requirements too.

Kurt
06-09-2014, 18:27

Criot
06-09-2014, 14:52
Quote Originally Posted by Maki187
I agree with u Dani, but don't u think that more peopel would buy it and with that test t if you enable renewal ?
With 14 days, no one of us don;t want to create Game Server and sell them to clients, with that, there is no good testing. If u would eneable renewal, we would report evry problem to team, because our clients would test it.
I personally wouldn't want to use servers which are in 'BETA' and put paying clients on them anyway, if you're willing to put paying clients on potentially unstable servers that is quite shocking. Though, I would gladly run a free BETA for my clients myself and warn them of the potentially unstable service, that could work.

Maybe the point of non-renewal is the fact that different people will use them for different games and different purposes, non renewal allows a lot of people to test them for a variety of different things, which is much better than them being tested for a small specific amount of things.

Maki187
06-09-2014, 00:43
I agree with u Dani, but don't u think that more peopel would buy it and with that test t if you enable renewal ?
With 14 days, no one of us don;t want to create Game Server and sell them to clients, with that, there is no good testing. If u would eneable renewal, we would report evry problem to team, because our clients would test it.

Dani
05-09-2014, 11:56
Hi

The reason for the public beta testing of the game servers is to ensure we resolve all issues on the server. Whilst we would like to release the server as soon as possible, we would also like to test as much as possible to ensure the server is what the customer expects from a gaming server.

Danny

nebulos
04-09-2014, 21:03
regular ddos protection looks good to me,
how exactly is it better on game servers?

Wilco
04-09-2014, 18:15
Quote Originally Posted by Maki187
You can't keep server more then 14 days, and as it is sayd on website, current price is 50 % off, that means that it won't cost 12.5 but 25 eur.
I wouldn't mind if it costed a bit more than that, its stupidly cheap but dont get your hopes up for after 31st September the date keeps changing monthly unfortunately.

Maki187
03-09-2014, 18:15
Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah
Hello there want to ask you how much cost price for GAME-2 server after September 30th 2014. if i order it now going i to keep the price or will changed ? can i keep this server after 14 days. ?

You can't keep server more then 14 days, and as it is sayd on website, current price is 50 % off, that means that it won't cost 12.5 but 25 eur.

Abdullah
03-09-2014, 18:09
no ones know it

Maki187
03-09-2014, 17:52
On other side, what they test so much ?
It's just a server, if u need to test DDoS Protection, then release it, and people will report problem...
You just put a notice that we buy it on our will, and that u don't guarantee that it will work properly until u finish it.

Wilco
02-09-2014, 23:20
Same here, How much beta testing do these servers really need ?... if they was to launch tomorrow no doubt they will be sold out!

Kurt
02-09-2014, 19:52
I've been waiting for 3 months.. it keeps getting delayed without any explanation.

Maki187
02-09-2014, 19:43
Does anybody from SoYouStart know when will Beta end ?
Evry month, you tell that it will end on 31. xx.2014. first it should end in July, then in August, now in September ?
There are lot of us who want to order it.