OVH Community, your new community space.

Setup + cPanel + Failover IPs

Zurio
03-09-2014, 16:01
Mhm thats odd if I must say, since sys have two different licenses for cPanel available, dedicated and VPS. It even says "You can install cPanel on your Virtuozzo or OpenVZ (Proxmox distribution)VPS " [Link]. I guess I will find out when the dedicated is finally setup (tomorrow morning ).

crowarth
03-09-2014, 15:27
cpanel licences are usually licenced against the ip of the server (the physical server) and not against any other ip (such as the failover IPs)

Zurio
03-09-2014, 14:17
Thanks for the information, Website Panel looks alright but I'm used to cPanel and I have a few PHP scripts which are made around linux commands and SSH commands.

sparky
03-09-2014, 14:01
Pretty fast.

You can order additional IP's via the SYS control panel.
It typically takes (for me anyway) a couple of minutes for the invoice to arrive. Once Ive paid, the IP appears within about 10 - 15 minutes.

Sorry - No Ive idea about CPanel licenses.
If you are using windows Id recommend Website Panel. But that doesn't answer your question.

Zurio
03-09-2014, 13:56
Hello,

I ordered and paid for E3-SSD-4 on 30 Aug 2014 18:28 (BST) and on 01 September 2014 11:14 (BST) I received a reply from Neil (SYS/OVH staff) saying "we have accepted your order and it is in progress right now. You will get an email as soon as it is setup.", I believe the dedicated takes up to 72 hours to actually be setup (almost there ).

Anyway, I am interested in setting up VPS management on the dedicated and running a few virtual machines which would require extra IPs (so failover IPs), my question is, how long does it take for the extra IPs to get assigned to the dedicated server?

One of the VPS machines will be running cPanel hopefully which would require a license, I have read that I can get the license through SYS/OVH but to do this, do I need to wait for the dedi to get setup before I can order a license?

Thanks.