OVH Community, your new community space.

Auto-Renew

csc2ya
23-09-2014, 13:58
I personally really hope that this is not implemented in the UK, and the old way is kept where we have a choice.

My reasoning is that I work for a large retailer (I won't say who), and we are paid every 4 weeks rather than monthly.

So what happens when this system comes in and I haven't been paid when my servers come up for renewal?

I not only lose my servers, and have to pay setup fees again to get them resetup, but I would also get charged by my bank for a bounced transaction...fantastic.

Can OVH not at least give us a choice? Poeple that want to use auto renewal can use it....but poeple that don't want to can stick to the old way.

I know I risk losing my server if I forget to renew, but I see that as my own fault.

Ehab
11-09-2014, 16:27
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Hi,

This new billing system will be implemented country by country. We start with our French websites. For UK/IE customers, we will provide further details in due course.
I am already a client at SoYouStart French website , they will use this system from 2 October , however till this moment they refuse to give any clear information they don't answer the tickets or phone . I am wondering when they will give a single information regarding this

S0phie
11-09-2014, 09:44
Hi,

This new billing system will be implemented country by country. We start with our French websites. For UK/IE customers, we will provide further details in due course.

C0n
11-09-2014, 00:50
I would prefer to have both options to be honest i think most needs suit pay month by month only those who do intend on commitment will be using the automated renewal service.

My personal need's suit automatic renewal's but i do like the option to backout of something and not be locked in via a contract for months still paying for something that is not being used.

Ehab
10-09-2014, 22:45
Quote Originally Posted by mikkoc
I 'm wondering how is OVH going to take money out from our PayPal account for this auto-renewal?
This is absolutely rubbish.

We have tons of clients who pay us 1-2 days before the server's expiration date: we cannot force them to pay 10 days earlier!
Same thing here , Commercial support at So You Start don't give clear information regarding this system , till this moment we don't kow how it will going ,
as Mikkoc said too many clients pay before expiry date with 24-48 hours , then how we Force them to pay at a certain date ,
other thing if you charge the money at the first of each month after that the client request cancellation at his normal due date it will be a strange situation
why don't deal like other data centers put the both options , who want to renew manually choose it , who want to renew automatically subscripe to it
Please give us some information regarding this strange system so we can understand !

mikkoc
10-09-2014, 21:04
I 'm wondering how is OVH going to take money out from our PayPal account for this auto-renewal?
This is absolutely rubbish.

We have tons of clients who pay us 1-2 days before the server's expiration date: we cannot force them to pay 10 days earlier!

Neil
10-09-2014, 10:13
Quote Originally Posted by JakeMS
Hi,

So does this mean auto-renew will now be forced?

Can you clear this up a little?

Few questions:

Will auto-renew happen on day of expiry? (For us the 8th/9th of each month) or on some other day?

Is it possible to maintain the existing way of renewing manually each month a few days before expiry?

I read somewhere that the new forced date will be the 20th?

Can we still pay month by month? or will it be forced as once every 3 months/6 months etc?

Any other details about the new renew process instead of OVH history?

At the moment we will start trying auto renewal on KS and SYS Services, certainly you still have services on a monthly contract. Regarding the renewal day and the actual service expiry date, this has not been confirmed yet.

JakeMS
09-09-2014, 23:35
Hi,

So does this mean auto-renew will now be forced?

Can you clear this up a little?

Few questions:

Will auto-renew happen on day of expiry? (For us the 8th/9th of each month) or on some other day?

Is it possible to maintain the existing way of renewing manually each month a few days before expiry?

I read somewhere that the new forced date will be the 20th?

Can we still pay month by month? or will it be forced as once every 3 months/6 months etc?

Any other details about the new renew process instead of OVH history?

Jane - OVH
03-09-2014, 17:01
Hi,

For the last few months we've been working on a project to change our billing system. It needed a facelift. In 15 years, your needs have evolved, cloud has arrived and it was important that OVH evolved as well.

What for?

Who has ever forgotten to renew their service? Every day we receive calls saying "my service expired yesterday". To manage our turnover better, we need to know whether a service will be renewed or not. Also, we want to offer new services with a very simple utilisation mode (like Cloud) and clearly we can not do it with the current billing system.

The project is complex because we offer services in four universes: WEB, Infrastructure, Cloud and Telecom but in particular we sell worldwide. So we've decided to go step by step and have started the PoC (Proof of Concept) on the KS and SYS websites in France.

We just put into production the new order system, very simple, in 1 click. Customers who already have a KS / SyS server will renew their service this month and switch to the new contract. IOr they don't and the service ends. The auto-renew system is simple: 1 click to stop the service, one click to start a new service. Nothing to send or sign. Billing is done simultaneously.

For OVH, we've started the project 18 months ago with the redesign of Manager V3 in ManagerV6. V3 was all together. The V6 is a layered "interface / HMI" and an "APIv6" layer. We still have the Domain / Email section to rewrite and V3 will be closed.

In the meantime, 8 months ago, we started rewriting the whole internal data base system that we've been using for 15 years and isolated it from the infrastructure. We want to have APIv6 with databases on one side and the API of the Infrastructure on the other side. Again, we break a monolithic block and we completely rewrite everything. The purpose is to manage over 100 more services without impacting performance. We want commercial flexibility with limitless scalability of our ideas. We still need 2-3 months before starting the switch of the services to the new system.
The new order and the auto-renew will arrive simultaneously in November (for OVH France).

We've made the big substantive work to improve the service we offer and simplify, simplify and simplify. To go further we've realised that we had to break everything to rebuild everything. All OVH vibrates at this rate: deep big changes, we keep questioning ourselves and important deep projects. Even if we have become a big company of 800 people with a global presence and teams in 15 countries, the soul is still here: always go forward and innovate, but otherwise. You will find this state of mind at our Summit, on October 7th in Paris, that we called "Renaissances" with an S. Many surprises but I say no more.....
http://www.ovh.com/fr/events/summit2014/

Regards,

Octave