OVH Community, your new community space.

Sys-ip-4

coffeecuptom
12-09-2014, 21:13
Hi Guys, just to let you know i've written a small script that emails you when servers are back in stock - http://labs.coffeecupsolutions.com/soyoustart.aspx

feedmebits
12-09-2014, 19:34
*nvm*

mrinal
09-09-2014, 07:58
Quote Originally Posted by feedmebits
I don't get their whole ordering system. I've been checking that page for about a week and a half. During work hours I have been refreshing about once every hour, and during after work hours I've been refreshing the page about every 10-15 minutes. And I keep missing it by 10 minutes. I don't have time to check every 2-5 minutes of every hour of the day, every day of the week. Isn't there a way to make it more fair as of ordering? like you can order but you end up at the back of the queue, because this just seems impossible...
Their ordering system definitely needs an improvement especially it needs to be more transparent. Displaying the time when the last server was provisioned simply doesn't help a prospective buyer. Just seeing that the last server was delivered 4:30 am today morning doesn't tell me anything about when I can expect my delivery because I do not know my queue position. The buyer needs to know how long he has to wait before he can get a server. Even if the server is available for ordering it takes more than a few days to provision which again doesn't help.

The status column should rather display how many buyers are in queue (ordered but yet to be provisioned) which could be a better indicator for the wait time rather than displaying when was the last server delivered. They can define a cutoff limit for the queue which becomes the waiting list and one can track his progress in the waiting list.

feedmebits
09-09-2014, 06:59
I don't get their whole ordering system. I've been checking that page for about a week and a half. During work hours I have been refreshing about once every hour, and during after work hours I've been refreshing the page about every 10-15 minutes. And I keep missing it by 10 minutes. I don't have time to check every 2-5 minutes of every hour of the day, every day of the week. Isn't there a way to make it more fair as of ordering? like you can order but you end up at the back of the queue, because this just seems impossible...

mrinal
09-09-2014, 06:29
I got my sys-ip-4 provisioned a few hours back after more than a week from ordering. It was definitely difficult to get one of those. Looking forward to the 4S.

feedmebits
08-09-2014, 08:17
Been a week still, no luck yet

feedmebits
04-09-2014, 23:46
Hopefully I'll have better luck today.

feedmebits
04-09-2014, 21:07
lol this is gonna be an all nighter. Have been refreshing every 15min today.

nebulos
04-09-2014, 20:05
I wish we could pre-order these or something.. This is stupid, impossible to get my server by randomly refreshing..

and all the other available servers are quite useless for my needs. :/

feedmebits
04-09-2014, 12:03
Thanks, yeah I saw that. I was 30min too late when checking that time.

Zurio
04-09-2014, 11:32
That particular dedicated was available yesterday, it could be available again any time soon, just keep looking at random times. I was checking every 30-60 minutes on the E3-SSD-4 dedicated server I ordered, my friend was also checking at random times. It took me a week before I managed to order it.

ozgurerdogan
04-09-2014, 11:27
Keep on checking.. Thats how I ordered in couple of days.

feedmebits
04-09-2014, 10:55
I've been checking the website for the past few days, about once every hour or every two hours. Every time I seem to miss being able to order the SYS-IP-4. When are there going to more available for Europe?

http://www.soyoustart.com/en/offers/sys-ip-4.xml