OVH Community, your new community space.

Can't Login

Dani
08-09-2014, 12:46
Hi

It appears you have re-installed the server. Are you still having issues?

The reason why you was unable to access the FTP is because the server was set to boot from rescue-mode. If you changed the boot to HDD, your server would of came back online as normal and FTP would work also.

Danny

Braden1996
06-09-2014, 21:46
I've recently purchased a server with SoYouStart and it was all working brilliantly until earlier today.

Earlier, I logged into PuTTY and was prompted to update my installation of 'Ubuntu Server 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" LTS (64bits)'; so I did. Now, once the installation finished; it asked me to restart my server - so I did so through SoYouStart's web control-panel. However, my server did not start up again and I got an email from OVH with the subject 'Defect on ns306434.ip-94-23-218.eu server‏'. Now about 30 minutes later, I noticed that the interventions had taken place; however my server was still not working...

So naturally, I restarted my server again and found that it was now seeming to start-up 'correctly'. But when I went to log into PuTTY and FTP, it is saying that my details are incorrect - which they are definitely not as they were exactly what I previously using. Also, when attempting to connect to the website my server was hosting; I get just this 94.23.218.23. What should I do? A friend suggested that I reinstall my server; but I'd really rather not do that as I would lose everything I have currently done...