OVH Community, your new community space.

Dedicated Storage on OVH

Neil
15-09-2014, 13:01
Quote Originally Posted by d.shamenko
It possible to setup usb stick on server?
You can order USB Memory sticks via the OVH Manager.

d.shamenko
15-09-2014, 09:42
It possible to setup usb stick on server?

DigitalDaz
10-09-2014, 14:14
d.shamenko:

I was actually thinking a similar storage scenario myself along the lines of creating my own cluster using some T4 storage. What I would do is if it were a many disk setup, have a usb key installed and then use a KVM console to then get something like Napp-It or FreeNAS on the box and so have the security of ZFS, all in a vrack of course.

Whilst researching all this, I took another look at the OVH private cloud offering and ended up going for that, I ended up taking two of the AMD L hosts. You do get some pretty serious infrastructure for your $$$, redundant 10Gb for example.

Criot
10-09-2014, 14:09
Quote Originally Posted by d.shamenko
thx.

how much free ip's you provide with HG server? and each next cost ip/1.7 euro?
All servers get their main IP, all OVH servers get 256 failover IPs for a one off payment of 1.70 per IP Address (excluding VAT).

d.shamenko
10-09-2014, 14:08
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
thx.

how much free ip's you provide with HG server? and each next cost ip/1.7 euro?

Andy
10-09-2014, 13:19
You need vRack: https://www.ovh.co.uk/solutions/vrack/

d.shamenko
10-09-2014, 13:13
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

The OVH servers has IPMI/KVMoIP included. You can set up the server manually.

Danny
ok, i have another question.

it's possible to connect 2 servers in one DC on high speed connection?

if we rent Dedicated server HG and FS-12T, on HG we set up our virtualization like proxmox or something else, then we need mount storage on each container. You can connect them for example by fiber channel link?

Dani
09-09-2014, 10:43
Hi

The OVH servers has IPMI/KVMoIP included. You can set up the server manually.

Danny

d.shamenko
09-09-2014, 09:06
Hi

We don't provide a NAS OS, however we do provide ownCloud as an OS. Would this suit your needs?

Danny
This is sad, cuz it's really need in storage solutions.

Can we setup our server manualy, do you have something like IP-KVM?

Dani
08-09-2014, 23:48
Hi

We don't provide a NAS OS, however we do provide ownCloud as an OS. Would this suit your needs?

Danny

d.shamenko
08-09-2014, 13:13
Hi
For the FS-12T server, it will be physically 3 HDD and each HDD will have 4TB to make up the 12 TB HDD space.
The default configuration would be in RAID 5, however you can set it to RAID 0 from the OVH manager if you wish.
The serveres come in a pre-defined configuration, it is not possible to modify the server configuration.
By default the server is delivered with a blank HDD, you will have the option to install an OS of your choice from the OVH manager.

Danny
I can't see NAS operation system in list. you provide that? or not?

Dani
08-09-2014, 12:01
Hi

For the FS-12T server, it will be physically 3 HDD and each HDD will have 4TB to make up the 12 TB HDD space.

The default configuration would be in RAID 5, however you can set it to RAID 0 from the OVH manager if you wish.

The serveres come in a pre-defined configuration, it is not possible to modify the server configuration.

By default the server is delivered with a blank HDD, you will have the option to install an OS of your choice from the OVH manager.

Danny

d.shamenko
08-09-2014, 10:35
Hello, can somebody explain OVH storage solutuions like FS-12T, 30T and others.

i see 3x4TB sata3 at FS-12T.
Is this chasis for x3 hdd or 9 hdd and they all in raid 0?
They have preinstalled OS? Something like FreeNAS or anything else?

thx