OVH Community, your new community space.

Better for WP? VPS Cloud comparison + Performance

marks
23-09-2014, 11:19
Hi!

well, both products, VPS and Performance hosting, can be used for the same, though technologically are quite different.

The Performance webhosting package is as powerful as a shared hosting package can get. As long as you're happy running a website on a hosting package, that would be your top package if you just need to go on adding power to it. The Private SQL also makes it more powereful.

The VPS is just another concept, as many people go to it not because they need lots of power, but because they need the flexibility and full control of a root-access VPS. It can also be more powerful than a Hosting package, but the fact that you need to actually manage the whole VPS (even if you have a control panel such Plesk or cPanel), you are still the sysadmin for the server.

hope it helps

UrliDag
23-09-2014, 10:37
VPS is definitely good. But when making your choice the first thing to pay your attention to is the virtualization technology used.

Dortmunderz
11-09-2014, 22:57
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
I've used the VPS Cloud range for the majority of this year, never had any problems and I/O doesn't seem to be limited.

Just bare in mind that with a VPS you need to know how to manage it yourself!
I see they offer 10 domain Plesk for free. I know how to use plesk. I assume there doesn't need to be anything more needed for it gets installed on Centos 6.5 i think.
Do I still need to know how to use commandline in this case??

One advantage i think Webhosting Performance range it has separate MySQL with 128MB ram, which I assume has no connection cap. and daily backups are included.
I would love to hear anything OVH members say about these two package comparisons.

Criot
11-09-2014, 22:48
I've used the VPS Cloud range for the majority of this year, never had any problems and I/O doesn't seem to be limited.

Just bare in mind that with a VPS you need to know how to manage it yourself!

Dortmunderz
11-09-2014, 22:38
Which one would you pick for Wordpress site with woocommerce and bbPress installed on it.

Does anyone have any idea how VPS cloud (€9.99) compare to Performance Hosting (€9.99)?
  • I am interested for mainly WordPress performance, php/mysql.
  • also concerned about I/O. I don't see any info on that if there are limits.
  • Server response time

(Has anyone ever used OVH webhosting performance range??? I have yet to find that rare beast XD)