OVH Community, your new community space.

Free Service - Get email when servers back in stock

seamouse
21-03-2016, 12:26
why does the site say some of the last checks are 4-8 months ago? should it not checked say every 3-6 hours

munkitkat
09-03-2016, 14:41
want i ask how i removed my mail now

jonlewi5
15-08-2015, 13:08
Quote Originally Posted by Kode
OVH could easily do this, they choose not to for whatever reason, another forum member did something similar for kimsufi and OVH set the lawyers loose.
If i remember correctly, wasnt it something to do with using the trademark on twitter?

Wajdan
13-06-2015, 22:31
Please add game servers in your list

konjakss
15-04-2015, 14:36
Need add also game servers

netbeamerp
01-03-2015, 14:47
RBX2 - Rack: 23B06 - Server ID: 162393

this is my server. my server also dead and not getting reply from support team.

i am from india and even not able to communicate with phone.

Network
30-01-2015, 11:14
Quote Originally Posted by coffeecuptom
Let me know if there any bugs with mass emails etc.

Tom
there 's no way to mail! There's no error, no mail!

editt///

now the mail came, I think the system works smoothly. Thank you!

coffeecuptom
29-01-2015, 17:11
Let me know if there any bugs with mass emails etc.

Tom

coffeecuptom
29-01-2015, 17:10
Quote Originally Posted by Network
mail can not be sent, there are problems in the system.
Sorry, we had some bugs and no time to fix. Glad to see people are using this! We will be adding features such as select where you want the server to be etc soon.

All working as of now

Tom

Network
12-01-2015, 22:23
mail can not be sent, there are problems in the system.

eric100
10-01-2015, 01:16
Worked great for me. Thank you

netbeamerp
06-01-2015, 10:24
Hi,
i want to change my email address from soyousatrt.com ie account.

actually i dod recieve emails on my private mail due to error in my email hosting. so i want to update gmail id.

please help me.

Network
03-01-2015, 12:25
Hi Guys,

We love using SYS servers for things, however I got fedup of having to keep constantly checking the page to see if the server I wanted to use was back in stock.

So I built this, it's a free to use thing and we're not going to spam / do anything nasty with your email address. Just select your server and set your name & email address. When the servers back in stock. You get an email, tremendous.

http://labs.coffeecupsolutions.com/soyoustart.aspx
Mail system does not work, please check.

Network
03-01-2015, 12:24
no it does not work, mail does not take.

lukecarter45658
28-12-2014, 19:15
I love the idea, Shame it didn't actually work for me.
No Email in my inbox nor my spam folders.
Disappointing

netbeamerp
15-12-2014, 19:12
Hi. do u have any site where customer can get promp services. it really a pain to me.

i owned server RBX2 - Rack: 23B06 - Server ID: 162393

i have sent lot lot emails to support team but syoustart team seems to be very busy other than customer issues. they are not reply to my query.

my server have lot of problems
- i can not reboot my server it raise error.
- i can not take backup of server.

imagamer2k
18-11-2014, 15:51
So I built this, it's a free to use thing and we're not going to spam / do anything nasty with your email address. Just select your server and set your name & email address. When the servers back in stock. You get an email, tremendous.

Love the idea...but, I DON'T love the fact that I've received over 300 emails from you in the past 12 hours.

Jasgriff
02-10-2014, 00:57
Quote Originally Posted by mrinal
Was that user offering it as a paid service or gaining anything financially from it? I doubt if the lawyers could build a strong case otherwise. They could easily ban the IPs which are repeatedly polling their servers and save themselves from going to court.

Do you have the link to the forum thread/post? It would be interesting to know what transpired OVH to let their lawyers loose?
As Kode mentioned it was me.

I am surprised this hasn't attracted the attention of the legal beagles to be honest. The only issue I can see if the 'so you start' quote. I was contacted on my OVH email address as this is where my site was hosted maybe this is hosted off OVH or they haven't seen it yet or they have been ignored.

As the previous post mentioned OVH could do this. Can you think of any other company anywhere in the world that would threaten legal action against people who are actually trying to help the company sell their services for free

Love the layout of the site.

coffeecuptom
01-10-2014, 11:14
Check your spam, thats where the emails were for me on gmail
Yeah, I guess it looks quite spammy. Maybe I'll look in to making it look more natural

Kode
26-09-2014, 13:37
Check your spam, thats where the emails were for me on gmail

aneesh120
26-09-2014, 06:45
Great service! For some wierd reason i never get an email on my address i have 2-3 checks going on and the server has also come in stock many times do you guys have some problem sending to gmail?

coffeecuptom
25-09-2014, 16:50
Quote Originally Posted by Kurt
good work man i love the design.
Thanks man :-)

Kode
17-09-2014, 13:41
Was that user offering it as a paid service or gaining anything financially from it? I doubt if the lawyers could build a strong case otherwise. They could easily ban the IPs which are repeatedly polling their servers and save themselves from going to court.

Do you have the link to the forum thread/post? It would be interesting to know what transpired OVH to let their lawyers loose?
No, was a completly free service, the service is at kimi.nwwebsites.co.uk you would have to ask jasgriff for the full story as I don't think there is a thread for it.

Kurt
16-09-2014, 23:16
good work man i love the design.

coffeecuptom
16-09-2014, 18:52
Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah
In every email it sends you there is an subscribe link. Click that and it'll stop emailing you updates for that server.

Tom

Abdullah
16-09-2014, 16:06

mrinal
16-09-2014, 14:26
OVH could easily do this, they choose not to for whatever reason, another forum member did something similar for kimsufi and OVH set the lawyers loose.

Kode
16-09-2014, 13:16
How difficult would it have been for SYS themselves to provide this functionality? At least make something like this available for existing customers through the Manager. Did you consider the possibility of donating the code to SYS so that they can integrate it with their systems?

Even providing a simple RSS feed would do where no email/registration would be necessary and we can subscribe through our favorite feed readers.

How about publishing this info on Twitter as well?

mrinal
16-09-2014, 12:46
How difficult would it have been for SYS themselves to provide this functionality? At least make something like this available for existing customers through the Manager. Did you consider the possibility of donating the code to SYS so that they can integrate it with their systems?

Even providing a simple RSS feed would do where no email/registration would be necessary and we can subscribe through our favorite feed readers.

How about publishing this info on Twitter as well?

theatheist
15-09-2014, 23:35
Hi Guys,

We love using SYS servers for things, however I got fedup of having to keep constantly checking the page to see if the server I wanted to use was back in stock.

Awesome!

Could you add Kimsufi please?

coffeecuptom
15-09-2014, 13:56
Quote Originally Posted by trendax
Excellent job. I take it we can add multiple alerts? And is there away to remove the alerts later from the web interface?
You can add as many check as you want, if you use the same email addy it'll just add an another check for your account. When you get an email saying in / out of stock you get a link with an unsubscibe feature. Nothing in the web interface to let you do that I'm afraid.

Tom

trendax
15-09-2014, 13:33
Excellent job. I take it we can add multiple alerts? And is there away to remove the alerts later from the web interface?

coffeecuptom
15-09-2014, 11:54
Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah
dammt very nice man thx you real help full
Not a problem mate, happy to do it.

Tom

Abdullah
13-09-2014, 02:50
dammt very nice man thx you real help full

coffeecuptom
12-09-2014, 22:14
Happy to add OVH if that's something people need

Maki187
12-09-2014, 22:12
cool man, I'm realy not sure how did u do it.. but it's awsome.
do u plan same for OVH ?

Thank u for this.

coffeecuptom
12-09-2014, 22:07
Hi Guys,