OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH Refund policy.

daveyboy37
14-09-2014, 10:52
Ok thanks guys.. I will give them another call tomorrow. It was OVH that quoted the 30 day maximum and I'm happy to go with that.
Will see what happens during the week. I do have to say that it really isnt inspiring me to keep the other server.

alex
14-09-2014, 10:10
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
I don't believe 30 days is legal at all, I believe it's 7 days which is the legal requirement in the UK. SYS refund policy seems to be you can make a refund request within first 7 days (not sure if that's within 7 days of ordering or getting the server though).
14 days is minimum legal UK refund policy

Criot
14-09-2014, 00:40
I don't believe 30 days is legal at all, I believe it's 7 days which is the legal requirement in the UK. SYS refund policy seems to be you can make a refund request within first 7 days (not sure if that's within 7 days of ordering or getting the server though).

daveyboy37
13-09-2014, 20:17
Do OVH (SYS) always leave it as late as possible to make a refund?
I ordered a server with 72 hour availability. After the 72 hours had expired by a day or so i actually rang for an update and was told that the server I ordered would be further delayed but they had similar lines with 120 second availability and that if i did this i could get a refund on the original server.. So i ordered one of those and the server was indeed delivered quickly.
Amazingly enough the original server was also delivered an hour or so later (despite what I was told on the phone about not being in the near future).
I had read on the forums that refunds are usually about 3 weeks. Well i'm now within a couple of days of it being 4 weeks since they took my money. Perilously close (for them) to the 30 day LEGAL requirement to give a refund.
So anyhow.... to all you guys that are waiting for delivery, my uneeded server has been on my control panel untouched having already being told that it will stay there until the refund is issued. Seems very strange that OVH could have refunded sooner and then passed the server on to a waiting customer. If they refund at the last moment on the 30th day then that will be 30 days lost revenue for OVH... Not how i would run a business but whatever works for them.