OVH Community, your new community space.

CPU throttling due to high temp

Adamj92
23-09-2014, 11:15
Quote Originally Posted by Fukushiva
Have the same problem on a kimsufi server, reported and no response.. cpu that's meant to do 3.2ghz with 3.6ghz max, and instead all 4 cores!!! are getting throttled down to like 800mhz on load.. dunno wtf i'm paying for anymore, but it certainly ain't worth it, only just noticed the issue but i have server logs showing this has been going on for weeks now, I could get cheaper dedicated elsewhere with better performance than this, also kimsufi support forums is garbage they still can't be bothered to get in a proper english language support for it.
I mean to post an update, they did reply and replace the coolant system but temps are still high, still about 90.c
Have emailed them with the latest temp info and will see what they suggest next

Fukushiva
22-09-2014, 21:05
Have the same problem on a kimsufi server, reported and no response.. cpu that's meant to do 3.2ghz with 3.6ghz max, and instead all 4 cores!!! are getting throttled down to like 800mhz on load.. dunno wtf i'm paying for anymore, but it certainly ain't worth it, only just noticed the issue but i have server logs showing this has been going on for weeks now, I could get cheaper dedicated elsewhere with better performance than this, also kimsufi support forums is garbage they still can't be bothered to get in a proper english language support for it.

Adamj92
15-09-2014, 20:14
Hi,
I checked my system logs on my server today to find hundreds of entries like this:
Sep 15 07:46:37 ns313774 kernel: CPU4: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 104942662)
Sep 15 07:46:37 ns313774 kernel: CPU0: Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled (total events = 104942663)
I installed a temp monitor and it shows the all four cores are running at about 97.c, surely this isn't normal?
E-mailed support but no one has replied,
Thanks in advance for any help.
Adam

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3xjiunw8r3c1y4/temp.JPG?dl=0