OVH Community, your new community space.

A few questions reagrding to my new OVH server

marks
23-09-2014, 11:38
are you trying to install from the OVH manager? if there is any problem with that reinstallation and it doesn't complete by itself, then our engineers will intervene.

Is that the case or you're doing your own installation?

Thanks

vaarsn
23-09-2014, 09:10
Thank you for your answers. Also I have another problem with CitrixXen installation. In installation log I'm getting the next error:
Commentary
Post install check did not find 'OpenSSH 4.3' in port n.22 prompt (prompt returns: 22/tcp open ssh (protocol 2.0)), please retry
I tried to install VmWare ESXi and everything is fine with it. But I tried with Citrix about 3 times. Can this be fixed, since it's very important for me to install it?

Razakel
22-09-2014, 23:45
Quote Originally Posted by vaarsn
1. Why it's not possible to chose ext4 file system version during CitrixXen installation? I can chose only ext3 or xfs.
2. What is that Netboot (Network and Rescue modes)? This is the same rescue where I can connect my server to your livecd in urgent cases?
3. I have a possibility to chose an IP addresses from US and CA. How can I assign US IP if my physical server's location is CA?
1) No idea, but you can convert an ext3 filesystem to ext4: https://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Ext4_Howto
2) Netboot allows you to boot your server from the OVH network. Rescue mode will allow you to log in and attempt to fix problems preventing your server from booting - think of it like a live CD. You can also boot using a stock OVH kernel.
3) IP address locations are just the real-world address specified for the IP block the RIR database. Some services will think you're in the US, those using smarter algorithms won't.

vaarsn
22-09-2014, 22:52
Can you provide me an answers for the following questions (some of them are noob but I need to know what I got)

1. Why it's not possible to chose ext4 file system version during CitrixXen installation? I can chose only ext3 or xfs.
2. What is that Netboot (Network and Rescue modes)? This is the same rescue where I can connect my server to your livecd in urgent cases?
3. I have a possibility to chose an IP addresses from US and CA. How can I assign US IP if my physical server's location is CA?