OVH Community, your new community space.

About 256 IP "with no monthly fees"

Kode
29-09-2014, 12:12
Quote Originally Posted by alex
simply you can't reserve the IP addresses which you will not be use, as it's just IP address waste.
I know, I don't disagree with it, just making sure the OP is aware of it as it's not very clear unless you do some digging.

*edit* OVH have a habit of being (intentionally or not, I don't know) misleading, just look at all the people who purchase the beta game servers not realising what "Non-renewable commitment of 14 days". really means. You can argue that the text is correct, but simply changing the wording to "Servers are in beta and can not be renewed after the 14 days expires" would eliminate ANY confusion... but then not as many people would pay...

alex
29-09-2014, 12:06
simply you can't reserve the IP addresses which you will not be use, as it's just IP address waste.

Kode
29-09-2014, 11:56
According to http://www.ovh.co.uk/support/termsof..._Addresses.pdf you need to use at least 80% off the addresses or they can take back ALL of the ips (including the ones in use) or at least that would be my understanding of:
The Customer undertakes to use 80% of an IP address block within one month from
allocation. Failing this, OVH retains the possibility of recovering all of the resources
allocated.
*edit* So if you order 256 ips, you need to be using about 205 of them within a month or risk them all being reclaimed

Kode
29-09-2014, 11:50
Also bare in mind you need to use all the ips (or a percentage of them) or pay a monthly fee to park them, I tried looking for the information but not really sure where it is other than the faq which says:
How do I keep my IPs without having to route them on a server?
You can retain them by parking them so you can reuse them at a later date. If you park an IP or an IP block, you will be charged 1.70 excl. VAT /month/IP (2.04 VAT inc) .
If you aren't going to be using your full allocation right away it might be worth confirming what the restrictions are first

Dani
29-09-2014, 11:32
Hi

For OVH servers you can have up to 256 IP on the server itself.
The is an setup fee for each IP. You would complete the payment for the set up fee for the IP, afterwards the IP will be free alongside the server.
When you renew the server, the IP will be automatically renwed it.

Thanks

Danny

Smile
29-09-2014, 08:39
If they want you to pay monthly.
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ll=1#post64763

rv9ufz
27-09-2014, 23:02
That's normal, IPs really with no monthly fees, only the costs for provision.

mancsi92
26-09-2014, 22:20
okay i can order ip addition but what this "1 month..." ?
-

DigitalDaz
26-09-2014, 22:07
My understanding is you have to pay for the initial IP set up but fees are not recurring.

mancsi92
26-09-2014, 22:03
Hey everyone, How does a 256 free IP thing work?
I have ordered this server: (link ide) and today I got it, but
I cannot get any free IP's as it is said in the description, but only with some serious fees.
What part I did not read properly?
Can you tell me how does this work?

Best regards,
Sandor Nagy