OVH Community, your new community space.

An intervention is being carried out

vaarsn
28-09-2014, 00:57
This is what I said before. I mean your issue Maybe I need to try to reinstall vmware and test my network again. To be honest I installed centos before and performed speed test on it. Speed was around 10Mb like yours. What I did is installed ESXi and installed vSphere client. Also I tried to upload a file from Vmware server. Uploading speed was 2.9MB/s. That's all. What server's type you are using?
Please try to download http://centos.itt-consulting.com/6.5...64-minimal.iso on your server and let me know please your speed.

Thank you.

radioactivshark
28-09-2014, 00:15
Funny you should say that, After a moment of rage frustration I went and got a cup of coffee, only to come back and this time it worked straight away.

As for ESX you may be hitting the upload limit on the OS itself. There is a 10MB Transfer Throttle on ESXi Hypervisor Shell if I remember correctly. With ESX Enterprise this doesn't apply through vCentre. I will post back and let you know of course in a few days. However I think you're experiencing an issue with the throughput of the OS rather than OVH themeselves. I will see if I can find the throughput throttle article on the VMware Knowledge Base.

Regards,

Radioactivshark

vaarsn
27-09-2014, 23:57
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
If you're uploading from your own computer to the server then the upload feed will be controlled by your ISP not OVH.
It could be the truth. But I tried with several networks 100mb and 1000mb connection speed. Also I tried to download centos image directly from ESXi shell via wget. Also I tried to download windows server ISO directly from MSDN. Speed the same. So problem is definitely with OVH server. I need to fix that, otherwise I want to get refund and try with another provider.

Criot
27-09-2014, 23:24
Quote Originally Posted by vaarsn
I had the same problem yesterday. Just waited about 2 hours. Also, guys, could you please try check network speed then in ESXi? I tried to upload a few small iso images and it took for me about 40 mins for only 250 mb Centos image.
If you're uploading from your own computer to the server then the upload feed will be controlled by your ISP not OVH.

vaarsn
27-09-2014, 23:16
I had the same problem yesterday. Just waited about 2 hours. Also, guys, could you please try check network speed then in ESXi? I tried to upload a few small iso images and it took for me about 40 mins for only 250 mb Centos image.

radioactivshark
27-09-2014, 22:32
Same problem on a server purchased an hour ago... Not too impressed...

Phoned the technical support number and spoke to a Gentleman who's answer to every question was 8AM Monday as Technical Support were closed. When asked what department he was in "8 o'Clock Monday Mr"

Challenged this further with a stern "What department am I speaking too please, you can't say you're closed if you've answered the phone" I was told "I know nothing Mr"

Suffice to say such a phone call didn't put me in the best of moods

RBX3 - Rack: 41F09 - Server ID: 261585

dezaxatul
27-09-2014, 10:27
Hello,

I'm trying to reinstall ESXi on my server: BHS1 - Rack: T01C10 - Server ID: 229223

But I keep getting this error:
"An intervention is being carried out"

I can't reinstall anything or restart it. I get the same error.

Please help me!!