OVH Community, your new community space.

SYS permanent mitigation (OVH-look'a-like)

Dante
07-10-2014, 22:04
Quote Originally Posted by Junky
@Dante i tried the same, even bought Cisco ASA but still it fills the bandwidth and everyone timed out too, depends on the botnet i was hit, it even took 700-800mbps for 2min.
I was thinking to get Cisco ASA but I got confused that only handle 100 mbps & the guarantee connection is 250 mbps !

The only option is to get OVH Enterprise ( for Anti DDOS PRO) which is more expensive for just gameserver

We having the same issue like you.....

Flooded & all players lagged/timeout for 2~5 minutes

Too sad for us :\

Junky
06-10-2014, 00:07
@Dante i tried the same, even bought Cisco ASA but still it fills the bandwidth and everyone timed out too, depends on the botnet i was hit, it even took 700-800mbps for 2min.

Dante
05-10-2014, 19:41
This is small compared to us we hit over 600MB almost 700MB for about 5 minutes until mitigation turned up

All players in our Game server timeouts

We used software firewall but unfortunately can't handle this. but at lease decrease the damage until the mitigation filter turned on.

Criot
05-10-2014, 12:48
I believe permanent mitigation is only available on OVH range servers.

Junky
05-10-2014, 01:33
No idea, here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/mHr66J6.png

alex
05-10-2014, 01:10
Quote Originally Posted by Junky
Hello, since my box is being ddosed 24/7 is there a way to place it permanently in the mitigation system because it takes more than 2min to enter it while being ddosed which is causing massive interruption in my game servers.

- I contacted phone support: no success, they told me to write an email.
- Sent 10+ emails regarding this issue a week ago, no one replied.

Any other solutions?
It should be picking up and filter ddos attacks instantly, something strange in your case.

Spxify
04-10-2014, 22:07
On SYS I don't think it's possible. Either go with OVH, or create a tunnel on a OVH VPS and enable permanent mitigation... :/

Junky
04-10-2014, 21:10
Hello, since my box is being ddosed 24/7 is there a way to place it permanently in the mitigation system because it takes more than 2min to enter it while being ddosed which is causing massive interruption in my game servers.

- I contacted phone support: no success, they told me to write an email.
- Sent 10+ emails regarding this issue a week ago, no one replied.

Any other solutions?