OVH Community, your new community space.

Order 31672785

Razakel
23-10-2014, 21:38
Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot
Bank don't need to monitor where you live.
Really? Wow. That's like the first countermeasure against money laundering.

You absolutely right. But this must not prevent to use this service at all. Service must prevent fraud but it must not prevent usage. I can always be presented as Mr.Smith from Alabama. How they can check? Its not my deal but I don't see any 100% ways to check information.
Yes, fraudulent payments are a problem, but OVH also needs to restrict abusive use of the services. Spamhaus ranks OVH as the fifth worst ISP for spamming, despite now having technical countermeasures against it. Then there's cybercrime activities such as botnet control servers, servers hosting malware and worse.

The unfortunate fact is that OVH offers a low-cost service and so get a higher number of customers doing dodgy things.

Criot
23-10-2014, 20:03
[QUOTE=Lancelot;65738]
You absolutely right. But this must not prevent to use this service at all. Service must prevent fraud but it must not prevent usage. I can always be presented as Mr.Smith from Alabama. How they can check? Its not my deal but I don't see any 100% ways to check information.
The whole point is that if you don't verify your account you don't use OVH services, and that's the simple fact of it. Most people who cannot verify the information they provide intend to use the service for illegitimate/illegal/malicious purposes, and therefore not allowing those to use the service who cannot verify their information is beneficial for OVH and their customers, it keeps the network clean, stable and maintains a good reputation.

In reality, if you don't like OVH process simply move elsewhere, however, fraud checks are being used more and more frequently by companies, most run them automatically in the background, so providing false information anyway won't get you a service at most legitimate companies. This will definitely become more obvious over the next few years, I'm afraid you're just going to have to learn that if you want service from companies, you're going to have to trust them with your information. If you don't trust them with your information, why on earth would you trust them with important data?

S0phie
23-10-2014, 19:38
Hi,

It seems that your payment was automatically charged back to your PayPal account a few days ago. As a result this order can no longer be processed.

Therefore, could you please place a new order and email us the number once the payment is made and we will make sure it goes through.

Lancelot
23-10-2014, 16:41
Okay... lets start from beggining...

Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
I understand your impatience but our validation team is doing their best to process your order. As explained in another thread, such process may take up to 3 working days.
As you can see this process takes much more time. 2 weeks passed and nobody knows how long it will be.

I'd appreciate if you could watch your language and not insult OVH Staff. We do not tolerate such language and accusation.
But I must feel like a slave, always wait for something and always warry about order refusing...

We're not asking or pretending that all documents must be in English.
Yes, but don't understand what every country have their own "rules". Just for example: In our country two or more peoples can be house owners. But in bills will be writed "main owner". Actually this is partially random person. If I went to housing office then it will be recorded for me and any future bills will be for me. But this don't says what another person isn't house owner. Moreover if the apartment is transferred by inheritance then "house owner" will be not changed in bills for a long time (housing offices problems). So... what will be? Order will be refused by OVH. Why? Because costumer can't provide needed documents. But this can be housing office/goverment problems.

Another side.. banks.. bank can give some check. But without address of costumer. This is illegal in our country. Bank don't need to monitor where you live. Housing office need to do this but they do it very bad.

You might be aware that OVH now counts over 800 employees in the world and among them some can speak Arabic, Russian, Greek, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese etc.... So reading a non-english document is not an issue for us.
Currently I see what this is issue for OVH.

Now I'm warning you, next time you'll be banned from this forum .
Yes! Great! We must be your slaves, right? Send money, give any documents, do everything what you want and etc. or you will be banned and refused. Feudalism is back in fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
Shouldn't have to ask for ID anyway,it's a personal thing,everyone has the right to not give out their personal details,even a policeman wouldn't ask you for all those documents
passport is a personal details too, even living address is personal but who cares? You must send this or you will be refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Criot
You're correct, everyone has the right to not give them out but if OVH requests them and you don't provide them, they also have the right to refuse your access to their services.

Preventing fraudulent activity is one of the ways of keeping the network healthy, those who use false details generally use the service for malicious activity, wiping out those sort of clients before they even get a service is greatly beneficial for those of us who use OVH services for legitimate purposes.

Again for OVH stuff:
1) I'm angry because I waiting more then 2 weeks without any results
2) I'm angry because your support asked about same documents two times. What this mean? This means what your support not looked at my mail at all (documents was sent 3(!) times. Bills, 2 passports, tax authority ID).
3) I'm angry because I depend on OVH needs. You don't want to wait? - go away. You don't want to give some personal data? - go away. You want to say what this is not normal? - go away. This politics harras me!
4) This is not a problem if your support will unswer quickly. I can send data again... but your support answers 1 time per week . So if I sent yesterday my documents again then I'll receive answer after 1 weeks.... wait-wait-wait.... I never had such problems with another hosting providers....

Criot
23-10-2014, 15:53
Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
Shouldn't have to ask for ID anyway,it's a personal thing,everyone has the right to not give out their personal details,even a policeman wouldn't ask you for all those documents
You're correct, everyone has the right to not give them out but if OVH requests them and you don't provide them, they also have the right to refuse your access to their services.

Preventing fraudulent activity is one of the ways of keeping the network healthy, those who use false details generally use the service for malicious activity, wiping out those sort of clients before they even get a service is greatly beneficial for those of us who use OVH services for legitimate purposes.

Johnny
23-10-2014, 14:41

S0phie
23-10-2014, 14:28
You can't read Ukrainian language? Sorry this is not my fault. You really so stupid and thinks what every country around the world must use English as national? Or our banks must create orders in English when Ukrainian language is national?

You asked - I sent. WHAT MORE YOU WANT?! DNA? You don't agree with thing what Ukrainian decide to use Ukrainian language as national? And you don't want to give me service because I'm Ukrainian? Racism?
I understand your impatience but our validation team is doing their best to process your order. As explained in another thread, such process may take up to 3 working days.

I'd appreciate if you could watch your language and not insult OVH Staff. We do not tolerate such language and accusation.
We're not asking or pretending that all documents must be in English. You might be aware that OVH now counts over 800 employees in the world and among them some can speak Arabic, Russian, Greek, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese etc.... So reading a non-english document is not an issue for us.

Now I'm warning you, next time you'll be banned from this forum .

Lancelot
22-10-2014, 19:05
Just for a proof. Chat history:

You really think what OVH uses standard mail box for chatting with customers? I don't think so. And again... OVH support replayed with quoting my previous message. So he don't look into attachments and letter at all, just pressed "reply" and wrote "please send documents".

About "send it again". It was sent two times. First time with in 15 October and second in 16 October.

Criot
22-10-2014, 17:55
I don't think what you clearly understand the situation. I'll try to explain it in few words.

#OVH asked me about my person verification.
# Foreign passport was sent.

# OVH asked about address verification
# National passport with address stamp was sent

#OVH asked about additional verification of address (bill, bank orders, etc.)
# MasterCard number (photo), bills, bank orders was sent. Take attention! According to our national language this all documents was on Ukraine language.

#OVH asked again about address validation

Is there any reason to ask it again if no-one can't read Ukraine language? Why they need Ukrainian documents? Okay. This is not my deal. They asked - I sent. But is there any reason to ask about documents after my letter with needed documents? Where is the point? Delays? I don't talking about delays. 16 October I sent photos of all asked documents (bills, orders). And in 21 October they sent me answer about asking bills, orders and etc. This is really hard to open my last letter and look into photos?
It's possible that they did not receive it or it was simply lost within the high amount of emails they get, it happens.

Just re send otherwise you aren't going to get it, simple as really.

Lancelot
22-10-2014, 17:38
I don't think what you clearly understand the situation. I'll try to explain it in few words.

#OVH asked me about my person verification.
# Foreign passport was sent.

# OVH asked about address verification
# National passport with address stamp was sent

#OVH asked about additional verification of address (bill, bank orders, etc.)
# MasterCard number (photo), bills, bank orders was sent. Take attention! According to our national language this all documents was on Ukraine language.

#OVH asked again about address validation

Is there any reason to ask it again if no-one can't read Ukraine language? Why they need Ukrainian documents? Okay. This is not my deal. They asked - I sent. But is there any reason to ask about documents after my letter with needed documents? Where is the point? Delays? I don't talking about delays. 16 October I sent photos of all asked documents (bills, orders). And in 21 October they sent me answer about asking bills, orders and etc. This is really hard to open my last letter and look into photos?

Razakel
22-10-2014, 16:57
You really so stupid and thinks what every country around the world must use English as national? Or our banks must create orders in English when Ukrainian language is national?
If you don't expect delays when sending documents in Ukrainian to the English-speaking branch of a French company then you're the one who's being silly.

Lancelot
22-10-2014, 15:42
Good day.

David, did you colleague have read previous letter? I sent passport, foreign passport, bills, paypal orders. What you want from me?! You asked about passport? You got it. You asked about bills? You got paypal bills and moreover you got national government bills. You can't read Ukrainian language? Sorry this is not my fault. You really so stupid and thinks what every country around the world must use English as national? Or our banks must create orders in English when Ukrainian language is national?

You asked - I sent. WHAT MORE YOU WANT?! DNA? You don't agree with thing what Ukrainian decide to use Ukrainian language as national? And you don't want to give me service because I'm Ukrainian? Racism?

davidovh
22-10-2014, 11:58
Thanks Tom,
But currently 21 October. 15 days passed...
Hello,

My colleague has sent you an email requesting a correct of proof of address document. provide these updated details on your account and order will be verified.

Kind Regards
David
OVH Team

Lancelot
21-10-2014, 20:25
Thanks Tom,
But currently 21 October. 15 days passed...

TomOVH
09-10-2014, 14:02
Hello,

Apologies for this delay, I will inform our validations department about this and have your payment accepted.

Bear
08-10-2014, 14:57
but I already paid... okay, I can wait if my payment will be resheduled. For example... if I payed 06.12.2014 and OVH deploy VDS 15.12.2014 then next my payment must be after 30 days after VDS deployment (verification day + 30 days). But this will be unbelievable if next my payment must be payed date + 30 days.
Countdown will start after you receive product

Lancelot
08-10-2014, 14:46
but I already paid... okay, I can wait if my payment will be resheduled. For example... if I payed 06.12.2014 and OVH deploy VDS 15.12.2014 then next my payment must be after 30 days after VDS deployment (verification day + 30 days). But this will be unbelievable if next my payment must be payed date + 30 days.

Bear
08-10-2014, 13:53
Get over it.Most of us waited 14+ days.

Lancelot
08-10-2014, 11:01
Good morning!
I bought VDS at 06.10.2014. After few hours I received mail what OVH got my payment. But they must validate my person. Okay, no problems. At same day I sent documents. After few hours I received another mail what my payment confirmed and my order will be verified promptly. And... nothing... Today 08.10.2014. I don't received any new mails from OVH. It's really disappointing me. I payed money but I don't get any service. Moreover OVH ignores my messages. And in web page statistic I even can't see my payment, Whats going on?