OVH Community, your new community space.

Anyone else had a terrible experience with SYS?

Mango Chutney
08-10-2014, 15:44
That's what I wanted to know from your support team weather it was software (I assume not because I hadn't changed anything to do with the internet connection to the server) I was in the process of setting up a DHCP Server for my Virtual Machines, but didn't complete it because the server D/C. Nothing was applied to the server as there was a disconnection, and then I couldn't reconnect. The name of my server is ns310802, thanks for looking into this for me!

marks
08-10-2014, 14:21
again, without seeing your particular server, I would say that the server configuration has been broken, and the server doesn't boot by itself, so it's been put in win rescue mode (WinPE) for you to fix.

We cannot fix software issues, so if the server cannot boot by itself, then only thing that our engineers can do is to put it in rescue mode. You can always reinstall to get the server back up running.

Let me know your server name to find out more

Mango Chutney
08-10-2014, 14:12
Quote Originally Posted by marks
Firstly, I must say that we cannot give support for Hyper-V. To be honest, without checking the server, I would recommend to try to set it up without the DHCP server. Just fixed IPs (the public IPs that we've provided you with).

Not sure the reason why you had several emails for down warnings, but it could be several reasons, including software configurations. I don't think it's a SYS specific thing. This could happen to any server, when there is a problem (on a server 3yo server, after 5 months of buying it or on the 1st month, it's all about probabilities), then it must be investigated and check
I would make changes to my server but I can't because I am unable to remotely connect at all, I'm not asking for support related to Hyper-V (as that's sorted) just I can't even ping my server. And I would make changes via SSH but I haven't changed anything in order for this to happen - what I'm saying is I can't connect via Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Connection, Server Manager etc. and I do not receive a reply when I ping my server. As this isn't my fault I am wondering why it's coming out of my pocket.

heise
08-10-2014, 13:41
Well, they basically give you the server and leave you on your own. Therefore the price isn't so bad. There network configuration is little bit unique, but if you follow their tutorial, you should get it done.

marks
08-10-2014, 13:41
Firstly, I must say that we cannot give support for Hyper-V. To be honest, without checking the server, I would recommend to try to set it up without the DHCP server. Just fixed IPs (the public IPs that we've provided you with).

Not sure the reason why you had several emails for down warnings, but it could be several reasons, including software configurations. I don't think it's a SYS specific thing. This could happen to any server, when there is a problem (on a server 3yo server, after 5 months of buying it or on the 1st month, it's all about probabilities), then it must be investigated and check

Mango Chutney
08-10-2014, 11:56
Hello,

Decided to go with SYS because they are related to OVH, a trusted company. My initial aim was to setup my server to use Hyper-V or equivalent to resell VPS. I bought my server a month ago, and had to pay their "setup fees" - which is fair enough I suppose. Then I bought the server license etc. I ran into my first issue after about an hour, consulted two different technical support companies after personally trying to sort out this issue for a week, in total it cost me 90, but now I was ready to do what I wanted? Apparently not, as I was finishing setting up my DHCP role on my server (using Windows Server 2008) suddently I am disconnected, cant reconnect using any remote access, and I receive an email saying that my server is down. They put my server into recovery mode so I can revert any changes I made, except I hadn't even finished configuring DHCP server on my machine - so there wasn't anything to change.

Long story short I've paid for a months worth of server as well as a lot of other stuff in order to get this to work and it hasn't, I have asked SYS support about this issue because it's not actually my fault, and they haven't actually replied to any of my emails, and their call center is total crap. I can't even connect to my normal IP using SSH, so what am I supposed to change? Just wondered if anyone out there has had the same kind of service or it's just me.

Cheers