OVH Community, your new community space.

Do SYS allow you to purchase an extra NIC?

heise
09-10-2014, 23:58
Setup the IP manual in the CentOS VM. You will need to set a manual route anyways. I can only guess that your server support company doesn't know anything about DHCP configuration and OVH Fail-over IP.

Mango Chutney
09-10-2014, 18:47
In regards to setting up DHCP on a Windows machine, is there anything that I would need to configure differently when using these settings? (When first installing DHCP)

mike_
09-10-2014, 18:38
If you only have a few virtual machines you could just assign the IP addresses manually as per the guide at http://help.ovh.co.uk/bridgeclient

Mango Chutney
09-10-2014, 18:36
Thought so, wasn't on their website, I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V, I want to run CentOS 5 (Stupid I know) on VM's. I do plan on having two separate servers, one for Linux and another for Windows, but in the meantime I'll have to keep it the way it is. I want to allow my VM's to connect to the internet, and to do this I would assume I'd need to configure DHCP, I have been advised I'd need another NIC card for this, I'm using the core (command line) so no gui,

Thank you for the reply

mike_
09-10-2014, 18:31
No they won't let you buy another one.

What distro are you using? It's possible you can achieve what you want without an extra physical NIC.

Mango Chutney
09-10-2014, 18:30
So I'm unable to buy another one? I was told my a server support company that I would need to in order to setup DHCP

mike_
09-10-2014, 18:28
No, the configurations are fixed, which is one of the ways they keep prices so low.

Mango Chutney
09-10-2014, 17:41
Hello,

Wondering if it's possible to purchase an extra NIC, as I've been advised to in order to setup a DHCP Server for my virtual machines, emailed support but I thought I'd get a quicker response here

Cheers