OVH Community, your new community space.

GAME-2 Server - No Backup Space

heise
23-10-2014, 18:40
Hey, they offered you a refund. What more do you want. It's a BETA-TEST. So it is not a flawless product. E.g. consider missing backup a flaw, that may be fixed in future editions or maybe they will just scratch that option from their website.

radioactivshark
23-10-2014, 16:31
Quote Originally Posted by heise
You are a beta tester!! Some people like to beta test others don't. You will have to ask yourself that question.
Well that is exactly the point! I wanted to test the performance of the game whilst there was a backup running to see how much of a reduction in performance there was if any at all.

Forgive me for taking a tone there. But if the website claims to offer something on the page, you should expect it to be provided.

I've contacted SYS and was told it can't be done. When I explained the reasons why and what the website was advertising the agent said: "You have a point to an extent" Sorry, there is no extent about it. Website offered backup space, it is reasonable to expect that so you can test a backup of the server with the game running. Then I can see if the actions reduce performance or cause other issues.

Bottom line is that the product was mis-sold and the agent said I can have a refund and that he would get the website updated.

Again, nothing personal to anyone. But it is entirely reasonable to expect to be provided with the spec offered.

Kode
20-10-2014, 10:40
Quote Originally Posted by heise
And how is the performance?
To be honest, it was a bit of a waste of time as my dataset probably isn't big enough that the speed of the disk would make an impact and if the disk isn't causing a bottleneck then it's very hard (impossible really) to get useful real world results as I don't have any other servers with the same spec as the GAME-3 and sitting on the same network.

heise
20-10-2014, 00:06
if you want to test the performance of an SSD server cheaper than hiring a SYS SSD server for a whole month, which is why I got one
And how is the performance?

Kode
19-10-2014, 23:39
Quote Originally Posted by radioactivshark
If you can only keep the server for 14 days is there any point in having it at all?
If you want to use it to run a game server: no, none at all.
If you want to test if it would be suitable for your needs when it gets released (or if you want to test the performance of an SSD server cheaper than hiring a SYS SSD server for a whole month, which is why I got one), then yes.

heise
19-10-2014, 18:50
You are a beta tester!! Some people like to beta test others don't. You will have to ask yourself that question.

radioactivshark
19-10-2014, 18:40
If you can only keep the server for 14 days is there any point in having it at all?

Kode
19-10-2014, 00:04
Well as you can only keep a game server for a maximum of 14 days there's probably not much point in it having backup space

radioactivshark
18-10-2014, 21:41
Got a GAME-2 Server and can't seem to find where I can activate or purchase the backup storage space?!

Am I missing something obvious or do SYS not offer this for their GAME Servers?

Thanks