We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Reseller account

BELLonline
30-12-2010, 16:25
I don't think so, but OVH don't seem to mind people reselling servers.

theatheist
30-12-2010, 15:17
Did this ever happen or what?

kopite
24-01-2009, 03:52
Any updates on this?

I`d love to be a reseller would work well with my consultancy company

lacky
02-01-2009, 04:16
Any updates on this?

BELLonline
16-12-2008, 22:04
I completely agree with lacky, there are bad resellers but there are good ones as well. I have a good customer base and when they upgrade, they want to do it through me and not some company that they've never dealt with before.

All the reseller would be doing is adding customer support and management, and to be honest it would probalby be better for a lot of customers going through a reseller because OVH isn't exactly renowned for it's support - particularly for beginners that need a little help every so often.

OVH are cheap, have a great network and they are good when a server goes down (a technician always fixes any problems quickly, which I think is VERY good), but that's pretty much as far as support goes unless the hardware is broken. I think that there are people out there that could add some real value to the service and increase sales for OVH without them having to provide support.

Sounds like a win-win-win situation for OVH, resellers and end users.

lacky
08-12-2008, 01:04
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
I Dont think reselling should be aloud at all.. imho.. I Only buy from sites that i trust.. and i think it may go for alot of other people aswell.. Not just people that have been in buisness for 5 minutes to resell servers.. Or people who sell 50p hosting accounts on ebay.
I Can 100% Understand you buy a HG09, Make VPS's and sell them on that makes much more sense!..
Well that's your opinion. I know many people that trust me, and would buy a server from me. Sure, you'll have a bunch of fly-by-night resellers, but if no one buys from them, it's their loss, not yours, and if people do buy from them, both OVH and them make a nice profit.

I don't see this anyway other than win/win. OVH sells more servers, while having fewer clients to support, and resellers can give their clients quality servers at a great price.

JALZOO
06-12-2008, 01:19
Quote Originally Posted by xrcode
Alot of good resellers resell on the basis of added management, and customer support.
I Dont think reselling should be aloud at all.. imho.. I Only buy from sites that i trust.. and i think it may go for alot of other people aswell.. Not just people that have been in buisness for 5 minutes to resell servers.. Or people who sell 50p hosting accounts on ebay.
I Can 100% Understand you buy a HG09, Make VPS's and sell them on that makes much more sense!..

xrcode
05-12-2008, 15:53
Alot of good resellers resell on the basis of added management, and customer support.

lacky
05-12-2008, 02:59
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
When you say "Reselling" Do you mean reselling to countrys that OVH do not support?.. Or To Others.. Because my thoughts on this are why would someone buy from a reseller when they can just come to OVH if there Country is allowed?.. Plus surley resellers will add charges ontop of there servers so they make a profit meaning OVH will loose out.
Because resellers should (not saying they will) add some sort of cost benefit, such as fully managed hosting, etc... Then again, it's entirely the customers choice, and either way OVH still benefits in the end

JALZOO
04-12-2008, 01:06
When you say "Reselling" Do you mean reselling to countrys that OVH do not support?.. Or To Others.. Because my thoughts on this are why would someone buy from a reseller when they can just come to OVH if there Country is allowed?.. Plus surley resellers will add charges ontop of there servers so they make a profit meaning OVH will loose out.

xrcode
03-12-2008, 22:52
Me too, we are also interested in reselling.

lacky
02-12-2008, 19:01
Yeah, I'd like an update for when we'll be able to get these.

Thanks

gased
02-12-2008, 17:01
what about those reseller accounts ?? Any plans?

mathewr
08-07-2008, 15:49
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
We are working on it too. Ovh pt will be launched in a few months, we will keep you update.
Great news! Thanks for the info S0phie.

S0phie
08-07-2008, 11:10
Quote Originally Posted by helpseeker
and what about .it?

when will ppl in there will be able to order directly?
We are going to launch ovh.it pretty soon, I would say in August at the latest. We will of course keep you informed on the forum.

helpseeker
08-07-2008, 10:58
We are working on it too. Ovh pt will be launched in a few months, we will keep you update.
and what about .it?

when will ppl in there will be able to order directly?

S0phie
06-07-2008, 18:32
Quote Originally Posted by asturmas
The good news!
I have any new for ovh.pt?

Thanks,
Francisco

hyster
06-07-2008, 16:44
We are still working on our reseller's offers, we should be able to give you more information about it within 2 weeks or by the end of the month.

A little bit more patience....
ha ha S0phie, we are waiting. Thank for the update.

asturmas
06-07-2008, 15:19
The good news!
I have any new for ovh.pt?

Thanks,
Francisco

S0phie
06-07-2008, 13:19
We are still working on our reseller's offers, we should be able to give you more information about it within 2 weeks or by the end of the month.

A little bit more patience....

asturmas
06-07-2008, 12:51
Quote Originally Posted by iand
dont think that will happen i can see ovh still keeping same restrictions so in otherwords resellers can only resel to uk
Read to the 1º page please:

There are no restriction's with being a OVH reseller. You can be aged 12 or 81, live in London or in Glasgow, work on your own or in a family business, or in any company. Everything is possible. However, there is a reseller’s fee of £12 +VAT / year or £1 / month.

Keksz
06-07-2008, 12:48
Wait, they will answer you if there are any news.

hyster
04-07-2008, 20:53
Quote Originally Posted by kingofsplooge
Does anyone know if the reseller account will allow us to sell to people in the US and Canada? Since I have a lot of clients there, who need excellent servers, and apart from accepting the VPS suggestion, I can't see any other way, than to "purchase" the server myself, under my name, and deny any responsibility of the use for my clients.

Apart from that, COME ON OVH!!! Give us a date for the Reseller package!!!
Please someone from satff could you update all us eager resellers

kingofsplooge
04-07-2008, 18:22
Does anyone know if the reseller account will allow us to sell to people in the US and Canada? Since I have a lot of clients there, who need excellent servers, and apart from accepting the VPS suggestion, I can't see any other way, than to "purchase" the server myself, under my name, and deny any responsibility of the use for my clients.

Apart from that, COME ON OVH!!! Give us a date for the Reseller package!!!

BELLonline
04-07-2008, 00:32
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
i say stick to the countries provided :-)
Reselling is wey gona ovaload the pipes.
Think of how many people outside eu want ovh servers.
Bad idea in my opinion.
That's not really any different from setting up a web host from an OVH server and having international customers though. I'm sure people do that already.

iand
03-07-2008, 15:44
Quote Originally Posted by Yianni
If that's the case then I don't see the point of a reseller program.

It would be very limiting being told which countries you can only resell too. Also it would be very hard for them to control since it would be difficult for you to verify where your client is. Unless of course they implement the SMS verification program somehow in to your reseller account and you will have to get your clients to receive a text for activation which I don't see happening.

I doubt this restriction would apply but I guess we will see.

Cheers
the method of my madness is why would they go to such new lengths to stop none uk residents ordering if they going to allow resellers to sell to anyone i agree the reseller scheme is a bit pointless if cant sell to other countries the only advantage i could see in goin to a reseller is managed services as for been dificult to verify client anyone thats providing dedicated services should verify where they are before purchase simply for the fact of fraud screening

Yianni
03-07-2008, 06:39
dont think that will happen i can see ovh still keeping same restrictions so in otherwords resellers can only resel to uk
If that's the case then I don't see the point of a reseller program.

It would be very limiting being told which countries you can only resell too. Also it would be very hard for them to control since it would be difficult for you to verify where your client is. Unless of course they implement the SMS verification program somehow in to your reseller account and you will have to get your clients to receive a text for activation which I don't see happening.

I doubt this restriction would apply but I guess we will see.

Cheers

slayer2005
03-07-2008, 00:53
If thats the case then thats good.
But i dont see how ovh would stop resellers from selling to other coutries.

iand
03-07-2008, 00:07
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
Bad idea in my opinion.

slayer2005
03-07-2008, 00:05
Bad idea in my opinion.

asturmas
02-07-2008, 23:42
Same news?

Tz-OVH
02-07-2008, 16:11
It's definitely going to create a huge amount of more business for OVH once they open up this way, not to mention benefit to clients as having lots of offers!

hyster
01-07-2008, 22:59
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
The 10 days is up anyway as of today...
Agreed, can we have an update please

BELLonline
01-07-2008, 22:43
We're all gonna have to get a ferry over there and knock on the door to see what's goin on

Andy
01-07-2008, 22:00
The 10 days is up anyway as of today...

BELLonline
01-07-2008, 21:04
Same here, but I think they're just teasing us lol

IainK
28-06-2008, 22:15
I can't wait. Once the new Linx bandwidth is up I'll start reselling a lot of these

hyster
21-06-2008, 16:50
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
hyster a écrit:
>
> hyster;4802 Wrote:
>> I see your point ????
>>
>> Come on OVH give us an answer guys please

>
> Any news on the reseller acts yet. I have customers waiting for you.

I think in 10 days it's okey. I'm waiting that the webmaster team
finish the work on the UK/DE/PL/ES website with the new version of
the website/order/payement (with SMS confirmation). Then we will
start the reseller
Thats great news Oles. Thanks for the reply. I am sure there are a few people here who will be interested.

oles@ovh.net
21-06-2008, 13:14
hyster a écrit:
>
> hyster;4802 Wrote:
>> I see your point ????
>>
>> Come on OVH give us an answer guys please

>
> Any news on the reseller acts yet. I have customers waiting for you.

I think in 10 days it's okey. I'm waiting that the webmaster team
finish the work on the UK/DE/PL/ES website with the new version of
the website/order/payement (with SMS confirmation). Then we will
start the reseller

Dave
21-06-2008, 12:43
Quote Originally Posted by hyster
If I start adding servers now is it possible to transfer them to reseller status once you get the system sorted ??
1. If that was going to be the case everyone would open a reseller account when there available and get cheaper rates and thats not the idea of the reseller account really.

2. You can't sell or lease a OVH server to anyone else at the moment as per the T&C so I'm not sure what you mean by "adding servers now"

Section 3 of the terms and conditions says:

"3.1 The Dedicated Server shall remain the property of the Supplier at all times. The Customer shall not be entitled to sell, transfer, lease, charge, assign by way of security or otherwise deal in or encumber the Dedicated Server."

hyster
21-06-2008, 11:31
Quote Originally Posted by hyster
I see your point ????

Come on OVH give us an answer guys please
Any news on the reseller acts yet. I have customers waiting for you.

hyster
12-06-2008, 19:49
Quote Originally Posted by BELLonline
Don't hold your breath for an answer, we've been asking about it for ages lol
I see your point ????

Come on OVH give us an answer guys please

BELLonline
12-06-2008, 19:05
Don't hold your breath for an answer, we've been asking about it for ages lol

hyster
11-06-2008, 10:20
If I start adding servers now is it possible to transfer them to reseller status once you get the system sorted ??

hyster
10-06-2008, 23:07
I would be very interested in this please as am collecting servers

asturmas
10-06-2008, 22:24
Hi Octave,
Any new for the reseller account?

Thanks

mohamed
10-06-2008, 21:18
will reseller service be available for people outside the countries which already have the service ?

Palad1n
09-05-2008, 18:29
I would be interested in this, as many of my customers have their own server anyway, but have no access to the Panel to reboot etc as it is on my NIChandle.

Any ideas of a release date?

BELLonline
23-04-2008, 13:43
I see, does that mean we can do this now? Just by setting up a nichandle for each resold server?

Bruno
23-04-2008, 02:22
Quote Originally Posted by IainK
Please confirm whether all the resellers servers will be subject to 101Mbit limit?
The reseller is like a sponsor. He orders the server for his client who will never know that's a Ovh server (except with the traceroute..). The server is under the nichandle of the client, but he doesn't know that, because the reseller is between him and Ovh. So everyone (the client, the reseller) gets the 101mbps limit on his own servers.

IainK
23-04-2008, 02:03
Please confirm whether all the resellers servers will be subject to 101Mbit limit?

BELLonline
22-04-2008, 15:59
Yes, can someone from OVH please update us on this? There is clearly a lot of interest.

AnesZve
22-04-2008, 10:18
Any news on thsi?

BELLonline
21-04-2008, 16:53
ahem

Andy
18-04-2008, 17:47
Quote Originally Posted by BELLonline
Is there going to be a reseller programme? This is something that I am very interested in and will be able to generate quite a lot of sales.

Any news?
Same for me too. Sooner it starts the better

BELLonline
18-04-2008, 17:28
Is there going to be a reseller programme? This is something that I am very interested in and will be able to generate quite a lot of sales.

Any news?

Nettus
31-03-2008, 21:58
Whats the point in this reseller account?

what discount do we get for the servers?

andonce a server is sold will your logo be showen? How about maybe allowing us to brand our own invoices to the customers etc?

Or simply offering unlimited colocation within the dc in the uk, Will you be offering that in the future? You want to beat these crap hosts http://www.valuehost.co.uk/colocation/

Your services are looking good

BELLonline
31-03-2008, 16:16
Is there any news on the reseller programme?

BELLonline
21-03-2008, 13:39
How will the SLA system work with people that are registered as resellers? Will there still be a 101Mbit/s limit over all servers before noSLA kicks in? I just wanted to check this as it's clearly going to be a big disadvantage for people using resellers if this is the case.

Bruno
12-03-2008, 20:10
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Can I ask why FRENCH information is being posted on the ENGLISH site? Doesn't that defeat the point of opening the english side of the site/forum? Come on people, you're supposed to be professionals.
Professionals are... buzy so they make one message and post it on all newsgroups.. And on the french forum we get also english messages, on the PL/DE too.. each turn

Waiting the translation.. it's a system for people using OVH services as a reseller : with the "Espace Revendeur", they will get a % on each sale. It's as the "Espace Fidelité", but your client doesn't win the points but... you, the reseller (even more points)

Andy
12-03-2008, 18:59
Can I ask why FRENCH information is being posted on the ENGLISH site? Doesn't that defeat the point of opening the english side of the site/forum? Come on people, you're supposed to be professionals.

oles@ovh.net
12-03-2008, 18:54
Hello,

Step 1: The Loyalty scheme ...
Step 2: The Reseller account...

Who is it for?
----------

For companies or individuals who sell our products, our services and solutions. There are no restriction's with being a OVH reseller. You can be aged 12 or 81, live in London or in Glasgow, work on your own or in a family business, or in any company. Everything is possible. However, there is a reseller’s fee of £12 +VAT / year or £1 / month.

What is it for?
----------

When ordering services for your customers, your cousins, or for yourself, you will have the possibility of entering a Reseller Identifier (NIC) along with the order. So even though your customer has a fidelity account, it is not him who will earn the points, but you. And for good! And you earn significantly more points than in the case of a fidelity account.

Also, if your client renews his service at OVH (so you are the sales agent), you win the points automatically without actually doing anything more because you have sold our product and that's all ...If you renew it for your client (so you work as a White Label) you earn points in the same way.

With these points, you can buy new services but also automatically renew existing services you have with us or services that your customers have with us.

From when? Limitations?
----------------------------

This service is being finalized. Basically, we just need to define the number of points resellers will win on each service that OVH offers. We will also propose promotion's on a reseller’s subscription. There is no limit at current with the use of these points.

How to activate it?
-----------------

You will be able to activate this service in a few days.

Alpha, Beta, Production, Dev
----------------------------

The service is still under development. More options are coming and with some really interesting ones.

Regards,
Octave