OVH Community, your new community space.

Connecting my domain to my hosting?

Highlo
22-10-2014, 23:12
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
You've installed cPanel but you haven't configured your website in WHM. Go to https://domain.tld:2086, log in then create an account for your site.

Only add the IPv6 address if you've configured everything on your VPS to be available over IPv6.
I have created an account for my site which I can login to domain.tld/cpanel

I have not added the IPv6 address to the domains DNS records and I'm still seeing the domain.tld/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

Razakel
22-10-2014, 15:52
Quote Originally Posted by Highlo
Thank you, it works!

But it doesn't show me the index.html file that I placed in FTP. It shows me the domain.tld//cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

Btw, should I also add the VPS's iPV6 to the AAAA Host?
You've installed cPanel but you haven't configured your website in WHM. Go to https://domain.tld:2086, log in then create an account for your site.

Only add the IPv6 address if you've configured everything on your VPS to be available over IPv6.

Highlo
21-10-2014, 22:10
Thank you, it works!

But it doesn't show me the index.html file that I placed in FTP. It shows me the domain.tld//cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

Btw, should I also add the VPS's iPV6 to the AAAA Host?

Highlo
21-10-2014, 21:55
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
You'll either need to run your own name servers or use the ones provided by your domain registrar. In either case you'll need to point A records to your VPS IP.
So just point the @ to my VPS IP and done?

What about the emails?

I'll give this a try and report back.

Thank you!

mike_
21-10-2014, 20:14
You'll either need to run your own name servers or use the ones provided by your domain registrar. In either case you'll need to point A records to your VPS IP.

Briggybros
21-10-2014, 19:40
I am having the exact same problem, would like to know the answer.

Highlo
21-10-2014, 19:14
Hello,

I have ran into a hiccup. I have a domain purchased from GoDaddy which I would like to host it on OVH. But before I host the domain on OVH, I would like to prepare the server & the FTP files so that there will be less downtime on the domain. My problem is that I can't seem to find the 2 right nameservers to use on GoDaddy.

I hope this message is being posted in the right place.

Thanks!