OVH Community, your new community space.

Promised 4TB only give 2

sys-user123
25-10-2014, 19:32
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
LinuxGam is correct, your drives will be in RAID 1 which if you're using the server for anything mission critical, you will want for redundancy purposes. If you absolutely need the 4TB of Drives, you will need to reinstall the server and use the custom installation to have both drives either in JBOD or RAID 0. Alternative options will be to break the RAID and mount the second drive, but judging by the fact that you asked this question I wouldn't say you're an expert, so you probably won't be able to do this more advanced option.
Thanks guys. I had a suspicion a custom install might give me access. I'll give that a go.

Criot
25-10-2014, 19:25
LinuxGam is correct, your drives will be in RAID 1 which if you're using the server for anything mission critical, you will want for redundancy purposes. If you absolutely need the 4TB of Drives, you will need to reinstall the server and use the custom installation to have both drives either in JBOD or RAID 0. Alternative options will be to break the RAID and mount the second drive, but judging by the fact that you asked this question I wouldn't say you're an expert, so you probably won't be able to do this more advanced option.

LinuxGam
25-10-2014, 19:12
I have never bought a So you start server, only OVH, but I am pretty sure it's because by default the drives are setup as RAID 1 for redundancy. If you are using the server for anything even slightly important you prob want this.

sys-user123
25-10-2014, 18:37
I purchased the SYS-IP-1 server which comes with 2x2TB of space yet I only see 2TB. So where is the extra 2TB I am missing? Please give me another 2TB drive or tell me why I cannot see it.