OVH Community, your new community space.

IP block doesn't failover properly

crowarth
14-11-2014, 12:42
Quote Originally Posted by Akito
Does any of you SyS people feel any compassion when it comes to solving my problem? Am I being lucky this will be solved? Or is this your way of making people buy new IP blocks actually?

Because you e-mailed me back only once, asking for information and then you found it's not neccesary to every respond to me again.
My block after several days was working (without your notification of it working again)....and after a new attempt to fail over, ofcourse it doesn't work anymore once again.

So enlighten me SyS-people..... will you still fix this issue while I'm still being alive? Or will you fix it after I've been long gone with this planet?
I would consider a new provider if you're having this level of service. I'm fortunate to not have had these sorts of problems, but then I've moved my stuff away from OVH mostly. A VPS and email are all that remain.

Akito
14-11-2014, 07:57
Does any of you SyS people feel any compassion when it comes to solving my problem? Am I being lucky this will be solved? Or is this your way of making people buy new IP blocks actually?

Because you e-mailed me back only once, asking for information and then you found it's not neccesary to every respond to me again.
My block after several days was working (without your notification of it working again)....and after a new attempt to fail over, ofcourse it doesn't work anymore once again.

So enlighten me SyS-people..... will you still fix this issue while I'm still being alive? Or will you fix it after I've been long gone with this planet?

Akito
03-11-2014, 10:13
Can anyone PLEASE enlighten me how much longer it's going to take to fix that simple block of IPs for me??

Akito
31-10-2014, 18:10
Day and a half after initial post... stuff is still down.
Thanks for the e-mail you sent to me today... but i don't get the impression you're actually working on it.... maybe it was just to give me false hopes?

Akito
31-10-2014, 11:59
211525 has 2x /30 and 1x /29... the /29 doesn't work anymore.....so how come you can say that server doesn't have any IPs routed here?
As I mentioned before I have alreadycontacted SYS support by e-mail so maybe they better start handling off my e-mail cause directing me to contact support for this issue while I have done so already, doesn't make sense to me. It's ridiculous 26hrs later my IP still doesn't work!

Neil
31-10-2014, 11:24
Quote Originally Posted by Akito
That's impossible. The block of IP i still there and not moved away.. it's the 37.59.x.x block.....
And I was able to change some IP's of some machines for which I'm lucky, so at the moment there's no machine using any of those IP's, so pings are impossible as well. Maybe you have been accidentally checking the wrong block of IP's on my server?
211525 has no IPs routed to this server, if you still have issues then please contact the support directly.

Akito
30-10-2014, 19:53
That's impossible. The block of IP i still there and not moved away.. it's the 37.59.x.x block.....
And I was able to change some IP's of some machines for which I'm lucky, so at the moment there's no machine using any of those IP's, so pings are impossible as well. Maybe you have been accidentally checking the wrong block of IP's on my server?

Dani
30-10-2014, 17:57
Hi

It appears the IP has been moved away from the server. I have checked some of the IP and they are responding to pings.

Danny

Akito
30-10-2014, 11:32
I've just sent support an email...... are you able to have them look into it asap because I don't want to wait for days until they open my case ....

Dani
30-10-2014, 11:25
Hi

It appears the issue is relating to the MAC address on the server 211525. Please contact support directly for this issue.

Danny

Akito
30-10-2014, 11:18
Cannot even ping own gateway.....
Changed IP to IP from another block, and that works immediatly.
Changed back to original IP, doesn't work....... with not any IP from that block.

Please help, as my servers are unreachable.

Akito
30-10-2014, 10:02
Hello,

I'm currently facing a problem with a block of IP's that don't seem to failover properly to another host (both ESXi).
I've failed over 2 blocks, one works fine....the other just doesn't. None of the IPs. The affected machines are clones so all I have to adjust is the gateway of the other subnet (188.165.199.254 and 188.165.243.254). Failing the IPs back to the other server works okay.

Affected server id's are 211525 and 171706 where on 211525 the block doesn't seem to become active.
I do see the block appear in the list of IP's belonging to that server and the vMAC's do appear as well.

What is going wrong? I've done this so many times, and never had this issue before...