OVH Community, your new community space.

Reverse DNS for IPv6 address - delegation not allowed?

Shilgen
09-11-2014, 20:02
Thanks for the responses, guys. I've actually managed to find an option for it in the new manager, under IP -> /64 -> "You can select an IPv6 from this block by clicking here."

JakeMS
09-11-2014, 18:14
Hi, should be here:

Razakel
09-11-2014, 15:11
Quote Originally Posted by Shilgen
I don't seem to have any 'Manage DNS' option there. Does it matter that I'm not using OVH's name servers?
Try under IPv6 Reverse in managerv3. It's there somewhere, but I'm not sure exactly where.

Shilgen
09-11-2014, 04:20
I don't seem to have any 'Manage DNS' option there. Does it matter that I'm not using OVH's name servers?

JakeMS
07-11-2014, 21:25
Have you tried managerv3?

Go to v3 and try this:
Select server -> Dedicated Servers -> Services -> Manage DNS -> IPv6 Reverse

Once set up correctly there it should work fine :-).

(Managerv6 is still lacking in a LOT of useful features)

Shilgen
05-11-2014, 00:54
I'm using BIND to set up an AAAA record to point one of my domains to one of the IPv6 addresses I was assigned on my OVH server (one of the /64 I was given). I can confirm that works fine.

I'm now trying to set up a PTR record so that I can do a reverse lookup on the IPv6 address and have it resolve to my domain name.

The lookup works locally, but if I do it from another server it doesn't work. The AAAA record is in place, so it seems like OVH isn't allowing the delegation. Do I have to configure it somewhere else?

I know there's an option to set up the reverse DNS on the web control panel, but it appears that only applies for the IPv4 address that's assigned to the server, with no option for IPv6 addresses.

Anyone got any ideas?