OVH Community, your new community space.

IP Block Allocation

mike_
11-11-2014, 13:40
Quote Originally Posted by john_gb
Thanks, I pushed the order through for Irish IP's lol!
One thing they also 'forgot' to mention is you are also paying for the unusable IP's in any given block ! So for example in a RIPE /29 block of 8 you only get 6 working IP's That truly is taking the piss!
You can use them all

john_gb
11-11-2014, 00:58
Thanks, I pushed the order through for Irish IP's lol!
One thing they also 'forgot' to mention is you are also paying for the unusable IP's in any given block ! So for example in a RIPE /29 block of 8 you only get 6 working IP's That truly is taking the piss!

heise
10-11-2014, 00:18
About GeoIP, most (outdated) databases will tell you that the ip is in France, so don't worry so much about that. After all I don't get the point in saying an IP is in the UK, if it is being assigned to a french server.

Maki187
10-11-2014, 00:03
It is stated on website that u pay for them only first month, so u should read it, there is for reason * on the end of number 16

"*Only setup fees of €2.00 /IP (or €2.46 incl. VAT) are required, renewal is free. Beyond 16 IPs, €2.00 /month/IP (or €2.46 incl. VAT) limited to 128 IPs and/or 16 slots per server."

It says u monthly but it won't charge u second month, so don't worry about it.

john_gb
09-11-2014, 22:44
Having just taken my first server, I now need my IP block of 16. The management console seems to suggest I need to buy these (even though they are advertised as 'Free With Server'. So is this just their way of collecting the setup fee? and if so why does the ordering form say the IP's will be "For a period of one month" (Which implies monthly rental).

Also, i've noticed UK is not listed for GeoIP, is this just a "temporarily out of stock" problem? Will using say Ireland cause me any problems?

I sent all this to support, but since the support form did not allocate a ticket number, and I received no acknowledgement of the support request on email, I'm not hopeful of sorting it any time soon through channels!