OVH Community, your new community space.

72T Server Visualization help

pbgben
11-11-2014, 05:46
I finally got Esx 5.5 working, I sacrificed my Cache SSD to a logical disk and installed onto that, then after the install I went back and initialized the rest of the disks into a R6 55TB logical disk. A better way to do this would be a usb from ovh....

john_gb
11-11-2014, 00:51
Quote Originally Posted by heise
What about CentOS 7 (manual installation), actually I use Scientic Linux with virt-manager, tigervnc-server and hence using kvm?
Or even Centos 6, XEN 4.2 package is prebuilt for that and it's very solid and easy to get up and running. Allocate your own VM repositaries at will then. I've got detailed install steps if you want (just built them on SYS-1)

heise
11-11-2014, 00:16
What about CentOS 7 (manual installation), actually I use Scientic Linux with virt-manager, tigervnc-server and hence using kvm?

pbgben
10-11-2014, 22:48
Hello,

My plan was to run ESX 5.5 on the server, but I cant get it to install without errors (invalid partition table)

So, I tried Proxmox, and though it installs fine, I can only see 15TB of the 55~TB (72TB Raid6)

My goal is to have isolated VM's that I can assign various amounts of storage space to.

Any ideas?

root@rescue:~# MegaCli -LDInfo -Lall -aAll

Adapter 0 -- Virtual Drive Information:
Virtual Drive: 0 (Target Id: 0)
Name :
RAID Level : Primary-6, Secondary-0, RAID Level Qualifier-3
Size : 54.575 TB
Sector Size : 512
Is VD emulated : No
Parity Size : 10.915 TB
State : Optimal
Strip Size : 256 KB
Number Of Drives : 12
Span Depth : 1
Default Cache Policy: WriteBack, ReadAhead, Direct, No Write Cache if Bad BBU
Current Cache Policy: WriteBack, ReadAhead, Direct, No Write Cache if Bad BBU
Default Access Policy: Read/Write
Current Access Policy: Read/Write
Disk Cache Policy : Disk's Default
Ongoing Progresses:
Background Initialization: Completed 12%, Taken 9 min.
Encryption Type : None
Bad Blocks Exist: No
PI type: No PI

Is VD Cached: No

CacheCade Virtual Drive: 1 (Target Id: 1)
Virtual Drive Type : CacheCade
Name :
RAID Level : Primary-0, Secondary-0
State : Optimal
Size : 111.281 GB
Target Id of the Associated LDs : None
Default Cache Policy : WriteThrough, ReadAhead, Direct, No Write Cache if Bad BBU
Current Cache Policy : WriteThrough, ReadAhead, Direct, No Write Cache if Bad BBU