OVH Community, your new community space.

Backup Storage - Accessible from another server ?

Neil
05-01-2015, 13:29
Hi

Only the server that has the backup storage can access it, along with the IPs that are routed to this server.

happyman
05-01-2015, 12:33
Further to my last reply. My first server with you is hosted in France, If I order another server from you (from one of the datacenters in France) will I be able to add this IP address and therefore access the backup space ?

Thanks
Daniel

happyman
13-11-2014, 12:43
I haven't purchased the second server yet - I was just planning for when a second one is purchased.

Thanks
Daniel

Neil
13-11-2014, 12:30
Hi

Check in your control panel to see what IPs you can, as for example you cannot add a CA Server IP to an EU Server Backup Space.

happyman
12-11-2014, 17:54
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the super fast reply !

I assume that means it can be accessed from other SYS servers, rather than from other IP addresses allocated to the same server ?

Thanks
Daniel

Neil
12-11-2014, 17:50
Hello

In the SYS Server under the backup option you can add additional IP Addresses to your backup storage here.

happyman
12-11-2014, 17:27
I understand that the 100GB free backup storage is only accessible from a SYS server.

Does this mean the backup provided from one server can be accessed from a second SYS server - or is it purely just from the single server it came with ?

My thought it to backup my server to this storage with the option of restoring to a replacement SYS server should a fault develop which is going to cause significant downtime.

Does anyone have any experience of this ?

Thanks
Daniel