OVH Community, your new community space.

Server 2012 R2 Standard and HyperV Virtual Machines

Trapper
14-11-2014, 11:03
On second thoughts, It maybe that I am using the wrong ISO, the one I am using is from my Action Pack. Is there a different version I can use?

If so, where should I get it from?

~Trap

Trapper
14-11-2014, 10:54
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
Just use the ISO - you won't be able to use the OVH templates.
Extract the product key from the registry (there's about half a dozen tools for that), install the VM, run sysprep /generalize, clone as many times as you need, then boot and configure.
Thanks for the help.

I have uploaded the ISO, and found a PowerShell script for extracting the Product Key.

When I enter the key however I get "This product key didn't work. Please check it and try again."

Any ideas? The product key looks right.

Is there a tool which is known to work, and comes without the spyware which some of these tools seem to come with?

Many thanks,

~Trap

Razakel
14-11-2014, 01:08
Just use the ISO - you won't be able to use the OVH templates.

Extract the product key from the registry (there's about half a dozen tools for that), install the VM, run sysprep /generalize, clone as many times as you need, then boot and configure.

Trapper
13-11-2014, 18:41
Hi All,

I now have a new server (EG64 2014). I have installed OVH's Win 2012 R2 Std.

I have added the HyperV role, and need some help setting up the virtual machines. I have also got 4 IP addresses for the machines to run on.

Creating the machines themselves is quite simple, and the licencing for 2012R2 allows you to run a limited number of VM's under the licence of the host. So the question is, how should I actually install the OS in the VM...?

(Having re-read this, to be clear I am trying to run 2012R2Std VM's under the 2012R2Std HyperV role.)

I have an ISO for the OS, but should I be using one of OVH's templates, so the licencing is correct? Will I be asked for a Product Key, and would OVH give this to me...?

Any help greatly appreciated.

~Trap