OVH Community, your new community space.

vCenter Applicance network setup

DigitalDaz
02-12-2014, 12:02
You need to install the vcenter and then remove its default gateway, as long as you set the netmask to 255.255.255.255 that should stop any bad arping.

Then you need to find out how in Suse to add some sort of script that just adds a route as with the other OSes.

As long as you know you are not going to be able to just vmotion any VMs between hosts at OVH due to the standard network config.

Also, though OVH does supply ESXi as an option, on a standard server without vrack I think it is more designed to operate as a standalone server.

OVH does offer a very good implementation of VMWare in their PCC product.

vaarsn
02-12-2014, 10:43
Quote Originally Posted by heise
Well they explained it for Centos/Debian/Windows and showed how it is generally done. The rest is up to the customer since the servers are unmanaged, I guess. Support is limited with OVH, hence the lower price.

I suggest you give Neil the information he asked for:
You always protect OVH, in any case. Man, they offers ESXi, vCenter is MAJOR part of it. Please if you don't have any suggestion, then just read this forum thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
What is it that you want to use vcenter for?
Currently I'm using Windows version of vCenter, but I have some difficulties with such configuration. Because of this I want to migrate to vCenter appliance. I can't manage my 5 datacenters WITHOUT vCenter.
Can anyone help me with its configuration?

DigitalDaz
01-12-2014, 18:29
Quote Originally Posted by vaarsn
I don't want to give up, since I lost a lot of time to figure this out. I can't just cross it. Also, I payed and paying for their services, because now I have no other way. You have to admit that OVH network structure is incredible non-standard, unusual etc. So if they set such specific structure, then they should now how this must be implemented into one or another operation system.
Let's imagine that you are the client which needs help. You asking it about 3 weeks and nothing. What would you do?
So please don't tell me about a bad place here, since I'm paying for the hosting, for the support, which could help me with such trivial problem.
What is it that you want to use vcenter for?

heise
01-12-2014, 17:55
then they should now how this must be implemented into one or another operation system
Well they explained it for Centos/Debian/Windows and showed how it is generally done. The rest is up to the customer since the servers are unmanaged, I guess. Support is limited with OVH, hence the lower price.

I suggest you give Neil the information he asked for:

So can you provide ifconfig and route -n for your SUSE VM.

vaarsn
01-12-2014, 17:35
I don't want to give up, since I lost a lot of time to figure this out. I can't just cross it. Also, I payed and paying for their services, because now I have no other way. You have to admit that OVH network structure is incredible non-standard, unusual etc. So if they set such specific structure, then they should now how this must be implemented into one or another operation system.
Let's imagine that you are the client which needs help. You asking it about 3 weeks and nothing. What would you do?
So please don't tell me about a bad place here, since I'm paying for the hosting, for the support, which could help me with such trivial problem.

DigitalDaz
01-12-2014, 17:00
Dude, with respect you, are taking yourself to a bad place here.

Firstly if you can't work out for yourself how to get this going, I'd give it up now.

More importantly, why are you trying to run vcenter without using vrack. Vrack would take away these problems but the real key here, I may be missing something really obvious, all the benefits of vcenter are just not gonna work correctly on a multi server setup without vrack.

vaarsn
01-12-2014, 16:34
Hi,

Awesome! Could you just provide me (and all your clients) with the manual for SuSe network configuration, as it was http://help.ovh.co.uk/bridgeclient ?

Neil
01-12-2014, 15:51
Hi, yes I understand now....

So can you provide ifconfig and route -n for your SUSE VM.

vaarsn
01-12-2014, 14:07
Hi,

I used vCenter Server Appliance 5, which can be found here http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/mic...rnalId=2007619
Man, sorry but are you kidding me? Did you read my posted messages? I said that I HAVE ALREADY ESXi INSTALLED ON MY OVH SERVER
I added official server appliance to it, but I can't connect it to the Internet due to OVH specific network settings..
vCenter Server Appliance is based on SUSE LINUX, Like CENTOS on REDHAT.
I want to connect SUSE to the internet! You finally got it?!
I'm so tired with your services

Neil
01-12-2014, 11:54
Hi

Just to confirm you have vCenter installed on SUSE Linux? If not I recommend you use our VMware Esxi install and then you create VMs on the server using our Esxi install.

vaarsn
01-12-2014, 07:05
How long I need to wait to solve this easy task? Anyone from OVH admins is watching here at least?!
How to setup bridging network on SUSE GUEST OS?

vaarsn
19-11-2014, 21:58
It works on Windows. But it must work on SuSe as well. I think that OVH admins must know the solution. The main problem that they don't check this forum. So what is purpose of this forum? Just to discuss a solutions between users in hope to find something or just to accept a problem? As I see here is posted about 75% of trivial questions without any resolution. Most smaller hosting companies are takes care about their clients, but OVH don't need this.

DigitalDaz
19-11-2014, 19:54
You should be able to get it going on the SUSE but if not why not put the vcenter on Windows.

vaarsn
17-11-2014, 13:07
Hi,

I installed it directly by uploading of ovf image to my ESXi server. As I mentioned before, I tried to implement the settings which was described at http://help.ovh.co.uk/bridgeclient . But my network doesn't work, I can't connect my vCenter appliance to Internet. As I said before, it uses SuSe linux.

#cat /et/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE='eth0'
BOOTPROPO='static'
STARTMODE='auto'
BROADCAST='FAILOVER.IP'
IPADDR='FAILOVER.IP'
How to assign appropriate static route FAILOVER.IP.254 as my main OVH gateway?

Neil
17-11-2014, 12:16
Hi

How have you installed it and what issues do you have with the network?

vaarsn
16-11-2014, 20:21
As far as I know, OVH has an experienced admins. So nobody can help me with this problem?

vaarsn
14-11-2014, 16:02
Hi,

I deployed vCenter appliance and I can't get its network work. It's built on SuSe linux. There is no such info in OVH manuals how to configure Bridging on exactly SuSe. I tried to reproduce Centos and Ubuntu suggestions from http://help.ovh.co.uk/bridgeclient manuals, but it's not working. Can someone help me to configure it?